Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to train your cat to use the restroom in the toilet rather than in a kitty litter box? Would you recommend a book to teach me how to teach a cat how? Is it even possible? Would it be too hard? Thanks.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I was looking into this recently but have decided that I need to put the project on hold for the time being. Here is the first site that I checked out.
http://www.karawynn.net/mishacat/toilet.html

Old age must be setting in becuase I can't seem to find any of the other sites that I looked at. Most of these other sites used tinfoil turkey pans rather then the metal bowl used by Misha. They then cut a hole in the center of the pan and slowly enlarged it until there is just a little edge with a sprinkling of litter left.

It seemed like people had pretty decent luck getting their cats to pee in the toilet but not so good with poops. I guess the beasties are getting splashed and scared away from the toilet!

In addition to the web sites that I can't find there was also a forum or mailing group that you could join to talk over strategies with other people.

Good luck if you try it!

Kel

·
Registered
465 Posts
I have 2 kittens and I'm going to try and toilet train. That would be awesome if it works.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts