Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I come to the website, I click on "Active Topics". It shows all the most recent posts and nicely boldfaces the ones that have new posts since I last looked at it.

I recently saw a poster mention that members don't look at introductions as often as other forums and I thought "well that's strange, why wouldn't they look at the catch-all page, active topics?"

So what do you look at when you log in? Do you only look at certain forums and completely avoid others? Do you read topic by topic (like all of Health before going to the Lounge), or do you read by time/date posted?

·
Registered
356 Posts
I usually look at new posts first. Then if I have time I go to active topics. I don't usually read all the introductions though even when they show as new or active topics. I try to hit as many as I can but this is a busy time of year for the Marmoset household.

·
Premium Member
8,627 Posts
I look at active topics, then look at the 'Introduce yourself' forum, to see if we have any new members pending!:)

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
I go to Active Topics first, and then Breeding, Behavior, and Health & Nutrition as they are my main areas of interest. I try to check in most days.

·
Premium Member
7,860 Posts
I only go to active topics unless I'm looking for something particular. I have found Active Topics is plenty for me. If it's new I usually just scan the headlines and pick what I have time to respond to - or interests me. Lately I've had very little time for general relaxing and chatting.

·
Registered
8,978 Posts
I go directly to active topics. I glance at the topics first to see if there are new ones. Then focus on who wrote it. That lets me know if I want to read it. If it's going to be another "I need a pat on the back" thread I'll usually pass by it unless I have extra time to sit and read.

Then I focus on threads I've been interested in and see if there are new posts on it.

Finally I'll glance at the last poster names and if I see certain people I'll read what they had to say about something. Usually the people I depend on the most for correct information and informative posts.

·
Super Moderator
26,399 Posts
I hit the Home button and see the latest posts, then, eventually, I have to go through and read them all. :shock:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts