Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Sorry for the silly question. I have not been able to weigh ET successfully cos he will ran off the moment I put him on the digital weighing scale meant for human. How do you do it? using a special scale for cats? or?

·
Registered
823 Posts
Weigh yourself.

Pick up ET and weigh yourself while holding him.

Subtract your weight.

Not precise if you're trying to monitor day by day health conditions. If you're doing that, the best thing is a scale for human babies.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much, why didn't I think of that, lol...had been cracking my head before deciding to ask.

·
Registered
388 Posts
If they are small enough (< 10 lbs) you can use a kitchen scale. In the US, they sell them at most stores (target, Walmart, kitchen specialty stores). They cost around 10 bucks. Just make sure to get one rated to up to 10 lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free

·
Registered
804 Posts
hahaha

That's what I do too... but the unfortunate consequence is that you get frequently reminded of how much you do or do not weigh! lol

Weigh yourself.

Pick up ET and weigh yourself while holding him.

Subtract your weight.

Not precise if you're trying to monitor day by day health conditions. If you're doing that, the best thing is a scale for human babies.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I wondered the same thing and then I felt silly when I saw how the vet's office did it. I had Ares in his carrier and they put the carrier with him in it on the scale. It came out to 11.2 lbs. Then when I let Ares out, they weighed the carrier and it was an even two lbs. So his weight is 9.2 lbs.
Great, another way to weigh ET. What the vet here does is to just put ET onto the weighing scale with a large curvy metal tray. Surprisingly he was a good boy that day, even the vet remarked that he was better that day, at least he allowed the vet to carry and examined him. He had a FIERCE tag before and he hated towel, lol...

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's what I do too... but the unfortunate consequence is that you get frequently reminded of how much you do or do not weigh! lol
lol, no worry, I weigh myself nearly everyday. I am health conscious, if I put on 1kg, I have to watch what I eat.:wink: My hubby weigh himself everyday, cos doc says he needs to reduce 7kg, lol....

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I finally manage to get ET's weight. He is 6.3kg, oh no...he is overweight. Vet says not to let him go beyond 6kg, but I thought he didn't look like he is fat.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
The vet was horrified when she weighed Prince - at her own weight, not at his. LOL

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
I use a digital baby scale to weigh my cats. One of my cats was scared of the scale for quite a long time, so I just scruffed him gently to keep him on the scale until he finally realized it's not going to hurt him.

Laurie

·
Registered
175 Posts
I use a digital baby scale to weigh my cats. One of my cats was scared of the scale for quite a long time, so I just scruffed him gently to keep him on the scale until he finally realized it's not going to hurt him.

Laurie
I also use a digital scale to weigh Oscar. Sometimes he will try to get off, but I can just put my hand in front of him and he will stop. Most of the time, he will just lay down on it - if I left it out he would think it was a wonderful place to take a nap! LOL!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts