Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Oh grumble grumble. I asked that Captain Jack be more attached but I didn't know what I was asking for.

This previously skittish little guy now knows no bounds when trying to wake me up. He starts by running into my room and wailing on the floor. Then if I don't react, he jumps on the bed and wails in my ear. I turn my back on him. He gives me a shove in the shoulder. I say 'No, Jack. Not yet.' I make the mistake of turning around to face him. He uses his face as a shovel and shovels MY face with his face. I try ignoring him again. He stands on my arm and continues to face shovel me while wailing, along with the occasional paw push to the face until I admit defeat from the onslaught or the pain in my arm.

I don't know whether to laugh or scream. Bear in mind also that Rocky the dog loves Jack to bits and obviously decides he wants to help his buddy out with his 'Wake mommy up' mission. So I got all of the above happening along with Rocky the dog lying across my chest but licking Jack's face or air snapping him (he does this to convey happiness....don't ask me why. I don't know.) I don't want Rocky to swallow wads of cat hair so I'm forced to wake up to put a stop to it. After I get up, Rocky saunters back to my mom's room, mission accomplished. He doesn't even want his own breakfast! Just wanted the thrill of helping out his best friend. Sigh.

·
Registered
305 Posts
oliver used to bite me till I woke up. But Id just shove him off the bed. now both cats have given up and usually I just wake up to hana sleeping between my legs. It doesn't matter how long I sleep, she has just gone with the old saying "if you can't beat em, join em"

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
In the MIDDLE of the night, Lily will come up and sniff my face and if I'm awake nudge my hand for a pet. Harli will just stomp across me and purr.

In the morning after the alarm goes off, they just usually tear around the house chasing each other up and down the stairs.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Nutmeg hates mornings, she usually doesn't wake up until after 10, so she doesn't bother me. Sinatra loves mornings, he dances around and meows until I get up. If that doesn't work he usually punches me in the face.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Samantha hops up next to me and starts these really tiny soft mews and purring, followed by cheek-to-cheek rubs the second she sees my eyes flutter. We usually cuddle for a few minutes before I get up to take their raw breakfast out of the fridge, and then she starts in on her loud meowing, because Mommy's up, I don't have to be quiet anymore, haha!

If Samantha doesn't wake me up, then Alice does. She hops on my chest and licks me awake...rough little tongue all over my face. Once I open my eyes, she "brrrrt!"s and runs off, hahaha! XD

Rochelle is too good for all that. She sleeps contentedly in bed next to me until I start to move.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Wakey wakey

Ritz sleeps with me, sometimes between my legs (when it's cold), sometimes by my hip or feet (when it's warm). She sits up and starts meowing. If that doesn't work, she walks on my chest (which is small; she is big). And if that still doesn't work, she (lovingly?) pats my face with her paw. We cuddle some and then we get up. I give her some food. Which she promptly ignores, and she goes back to sleep or sits in front of the patio door waiting for the birds, ignoring me.
All at 4 a.m. in the morning.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Cherry will stand on me and stare at me until I wake up, then when I roll over she'll stick her face under the blanket on my back and climb in and climb over my side and lay with her front legs over and her back legs still on the other side. And sometimes she'll roll over and roll the blanket off of me.

Or she'll do something she knows I hate(like look like she's about to commit suicide or something), that usually gets me up right away.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Dale wakes us up for cuddles, but we fall asleep together instantly. He loves sleeping and cuddling in the morning.
Major is a whole different story:

Step A: he tries to pull electric devices out of the sockets:
1. DANGEROUS
2. it;s next to my head, so very, very loud: annoying.

I push him of the bed.

Step B:
He chews on pictures, papers, pens, anything he finds on the desk
1. next to my head, again, arghhhhh!
2. he ruined so many things...he even chews on books!

Step C:
Repeat above in random order.

He doesn't stop until I give him food. Ugh.

·
Registered
134 Posts
It starts with him sitting at the door, quietly for an hour, he just sits there. Then he will sit and meow one little quiet moew every so often (i think dozens of tossed pillows, and articles of clothing have come his way enough that he learned to stay semi quiet.

But usually I sleep through the above, he does however have a nasty habit of sticking his paw in my mouth while I sleep. This is how he wakes me up, he paws my inner cheek (i sleep with my mouth open and snore) No extended claw just soft paw, its gross but it works as no matter what, he will find a way to get his paw in my mouth even if I'm awake and laying there he starts batting at my face.

This is is when I know I must wake up.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Renesme will usually just meow and scratch at my blanket until I get up and if that doesn't work she sits in the window and makes sure the blinds are open right where the light will shine right into my eyes!!

Bella will come and sit on me and lick my arm and if I push her off she will go and eat any paper that is within her reach or play with the loudest thing she can find. Once I am up they both seem completely satisfied and go right back to sleep themselves...without even eating!!!!

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Neither of my girls wake me up in the morning, but perhaps that's because I tend to be an early riser in any event. I'm glad to hear Jack is becoming more attached and keeping you in line at the same time! :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
lol that so funny. My cat used to bite my feet, because i wouldnt get up to feed her on weekends. It hurt she wasnt gentle. Now thats my dogs job the second i move he up in my face licking me :D

·
Registered
116 Posts
But usually I sleep through the above, he does however have a nasty habit of sticking his paw in my mouth while I sleep. This is how he wakes me up, he paws my inner cheek (i sleep with my mouth open and snore) No extended claw just soft paw, its gross but it works as no matter what, he will find a way to get his paw in my mouth even if I'm awake and laying there he starts batting at my face.
Hahahahahaaa!! love the mouth open snore part!!

·
Registered
802 Posts
I'm not sure what exactly my cat does, all I know is I usually wake up to his face one inch away from mine.

Also, he likes to just on the furniture and make a lot of noise if I don't play with him before bedtime, but I don't think thats him trying to wake me up, just him being a cat.

·
Banned
202 Posts
At first, (on weekends when I slept past 5:30 and he felt I need to get up already), he would grab my hair with his teeth very close to my scalp and PULL! He quit that after a month or two. Now he just goes in and walks around all over the bed or nudges my hand to get a petting session or walks all over me or something.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
HAHA, some of these stories are just so hilarious like the face punch and the paw in the mouth. They really seem to know what gets the job done, eh?

I think I'm turning permanently deaf in my right ear from Jack meowing his mouth off every morning literally a few centimeters from the ear hole. Other times, I open my eyes to find his face about an inch away from my face.

Even though I grumble, I actually think it's fun waking up in the mornings now. He tries something slightly new every day so I go to sleep with a smile on my face, anticipating what he'll try next.

It was also especially hilarious the other day when Rocky was helping as usual. After I got up, he bounded over to my mom's room and immediately started to roll around on top of a catnip toy (yes he's a dog and he goes absolutely nuts over catnip). He went crazy with happiness although he didn't even ask me for breakfast. He was just ecstatic that he was able to help Jack wake me up. LOL!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I usually feed the boys shortly before I go to bed, else they will be at me at 5:30am, demanding their breakfast. I can usually sleep as late as I want as long as I don't open my eyes or pet them. If I do either of those things, it's off to the races. Leo comes to the head of my bed next to my pillow and starts purring like a motorboat and meows in such a way that they are combined with his purr. Teddy starts head butting me, licking the backs of my hands/my nose and then starts digging at the edge of the blankets so he could get under them with me. On weekends, I can usually sleep until 10 or later without being bothered too much. I think they know my weekly schedule because they will wake me up at 8am on weekdays if I didn't respond to my alarm or shut it off in my sleep. They never do this on weekends though.

This didn't work so well this morning because I woke up at 4am thinking I was running late and Teddy started pestering me by licking me until the backs of my hands were raw, trying to dig under the blankets, and once he was under the blankets he started rubbing his wet nose on and licking my legs which got him tossed from the bed. I had to repeat this process several times until he figured out that Mommy wanted to sleep some more. He then settled down on top of my legs, over the covers. Because of this early awakening, I ended up sleeping through my alarm for 45 minutes (I can hit the snooze button with surprising accuracy while soundly asleep).

·
Registered
410 Posts
We've officially kicked them both out of the bedroom at night, the kitten is just too active still, but they come in for goodnight snuggles! Around 4--6.30 Wicket startslaunching himself at our bedroom door and talking at the top of his lungs. Then they both go nuts, running around the house. Then back to the door. Repeat until humans get up. On the rare occasions they are in bed with us in the morning Wicket starts purring really really loudly and kneading like nuts, then walks his 15lbs right over our chests. If that doesn't work he pushes his fat nose into our faces and then starts destroying anything papery or crinkly he can find.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts