Cat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I feed my cats twice a day, normally at the same time, they seem to know when it's time before I do. The girls, Mitzi, Fallon and Peaches, become very vocal and will run back and forth between the closet where I keep their food and their designated feeding spots until there's food in their bowls.

The boys, Sampson and Xavier, don't say much but just follow me around until their bowl is filled. Just recently Sampson has started crying right before he eats which I find so cute. He's got this funny meow that I can't even describe but he sounds so cute when he does it. :lol:

·
Registered
43 Posts
All of the cats have a constant supply of dry cat food available so they just eat when they're hungry.

Chester is the only one who gets canned food (to help fatten him up). When he's hungry, he'll follow me around the kitchen, yelling at me. Even when I'm in the process of oppening the can, he still yells at me as if it's gonna make me go faster :roll: And it's not a cute little feed me yell, either. It's a FEED ME NOW OR I'M GONNA RIP YOUR TOES OFF! type of yell.

-Chelle

·
Registered
865 Posts
Moby doesn't meow or anything. He stares at me, getting more and more affectionate the hungrier he gets. When I realize he hungry he runs toward his food bowl, but only about 5 steps until I catch up to him. And he does this until I get to the bowl. Weirdo.

·
Banned
410 Posts
Poor Moby--he's not a weirdo at all! (I'm just playing with ya!) Believe me--my cats do that too--they run a few steps, stop and look back at you to make sure you are coming, and run a few steps, etc. ****

·
Registered
328 Posts
Jet just yells and yells at me until I feed him. If I'm on the phone he tries to distract me and rubs his head against the reciever. Once the person I was talking to said, 'I think there's something wrong with my phone - I keep hearing a strange rumbling noise.' It was Jet purring down the phone. :lol:

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
LOL! That's cute. I free feed the cats. Precious is very lady-like when I'm eating chicken or something else she likes. She just sits and waits. Of course if I don't save some for her, I go on a guilt trip. Blueberry always waits until she's done before he looks for a treat.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Jeanie said:
LOL! That's cute. I free feed the cats. Precious is very lady-like when I'm eating chicken or something else she likes. She just sits and waits. Of course if I don't save some for her, I go on a guilt trip. Blueberry always waits until she's done before he looks for a treat.
If Chester wants something we're eating he'll just sit there and give us the most intense stare you could imagine. And if someone is sitting on the couch eating and he's sitting next to them, he'll occasionally reach up and tap them with his paw.

-Chelle

·
Banned
410 Posts
I usually eat at the coffee table while watching tv. My coffee table is glass, so Kitty will sit under it and look up through the table at me while I eat. It is funny because every time I reach for something--his little head follows my hand and all I see are little eyes below my food. :shock:

·
Registered
93 Posts
All my cats have different habits when it comes to feeding time. Doodles will go out about half an hour beforehand, then come rushing in straight to her food bowl.

If Mufasa hears me in the kitchen she cames pounding through and attaches herself to my leg/hip/bottom and continue to jump up and down until her food bowl is down.

When Spike hears me in the kitchen, you can hear him chirping at the other end of the house. He'll do a wee trot through, sounding really happy but as soon as he gets to my feet he starts moaning. I'd never heard a cat whining until we had Spike. It's so wierd! Especially because he never miaows, just purrs and chirps.

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
I love those little chirrup sounds! The picture of Mufasa attaching herself, and Kitty looking up through the glass are bringing such smiles to my face. I don't dare look at Precious' eyes, or I wouldn't have any chicken for me to eat! But it touches me that she's so ladylike about the whole thing, even though she's watching too!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I usually eat at the coffee table while watching tv. My coffee table is glass, so Kitty will sit under it and look up through the table at me while I eat. It is funny because every time I reach for something--his little head follows my hand and all I see are little eyes below my food.
LOL!!! :lol:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Timmy begs for food whenever she's bored.

I have her food out all day. She begs even when the food bowl is full.

She constantly leads me to her food place. I found out that, she only wants the freshest dry food from the food bag!

If I only throw a few peas of fresh dry food in her food bowl, she'll pick out those fresh ones and leave the rest untouched.

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
I had a cat who insisted on having "fresh" food out of the bag. But, think about it! The bag's not air tight! The food is the same. So, we were able to make him happy by shaking the bag. It worked like a charm. :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Jeanie said:
I had a cat who insisted on having "fresh" food out of the bag. But, think about it! The bag's not air tight! The food is the same. So, we were able to make him happy by shaking the bag. It worked like a charm. :)
Chester is like that too at times. Also, when we give him some canned food, we only give him a little at a time (so the other cats won't eat it). We keep the rest of the can in the fridge. Sometimes, he'll demand some "fresh" food from the can in the fridge even though he still has some in his bowl. Most of the time I can just act like I'm putting more in his bowl and he'll fall for it. But sometimes I have to actually add more. And then of course, he decides he doesn't want it after all. :roll: Chester really can be a pain in the arse at times.

-Chelle

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I give Barnaby a spoonful of moist food each day at suppertime. I refrigerate the unused portion of the can. He always knows when a freshly opened can is coming, when the food is room temperature and very moist & tender as opposed to cold & hard. He follows me around purring and meowing when he sees me grab a new can from the cupboard. The other days he doesn't react too much.

Problem is when I open any other can (beans, etc) from the cupboard, he thinks it is "fresh can day" and starts begging.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts