Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought Cat vs. Cat and it says you have to move the wand not just in any way so that the cat will jump and run, because cats aren't supposed to get physically tired so much in hunt but more mentally stimulated by prey that hides, peeks out, moves in front of the cat, etc. So I've been trying, but to my dismay, my kitten is usually faster at hunting the bird/mouse at the end of the string than I am at making it escape...

·
Premium Member
7,862 Posts
I'm a failure!! I brought a neat feather wand into the shelter today and it broke already! I have to bring it home and try to reattach it to the wand.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Well according to gizmo....I'm the bestest prey!! Now marshall on the other hand seems uninterested at times I bought 2 wand toys 1/2 price christmas wand toy. Gizmo loves every second of it. She gives cute lil meow and purr noises....I look over at marshall...it takes him a good while to catch on and then he completely spazzes out like a young kitten but not for long :( gizmo stays at it and at it and at it

·
Registered
146 Posts
That is a very interesting concept, and it makes sense. I personally keep bird feeders and fish tanks for my cat to look at, so when I do pull out a toy, I am trying to drain his physical energy, not his mental energy. So I guess I would be considered very bad at making the toy into proper prey, but I also feel like he gets that all day through other means.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I like to make the toy just quiver slightly and it gets Yuki all excited. Then I'll jerk the wand and make the toy leap into the air like a bird trying to fly. If you place things like boxes or pillows around for the cat to hide behind, they can "stalk" their prey. At the end of the play session, give treats so kitty can enjoy "eating" their prey :)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Scout LOVES Da'Bird. I'll hide it behind a corner, and he'll start shaking his butt, then pounce on it. He purrs constantly while we're playing with it. He's pulled a couple of the feathers apart, but I've managed to sew them back together.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts