Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cat Stripes is around 16 yrs old, I was wondering about how long they live for?

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
Cats can live 20 years or more, but I have never been that fortunate. :( I hope you are! Outside cats often don't live more than a few years, especially if they're not neutered.

·
Registered
90 Posts
My cat that died last year was 17, but he had poorly for a long time. My late husband's cat died when he was 23 and he had been rescued as a tiny kitten, few weeks old. He had been put in a cardboard box and thrown into a lake. My stepson found him when he was a little boy and brought him home. It very unpredictable how long a cat will live. Hope your baby lives for a long time yet. :)

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
Shelly who was allowed outside as she pleased (key to the house (catflap) hehe)
she lived to be 18 years old.
Pebbles who can also come and go as she pleases is currently 14 years old.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
How long to cats live for?

I read in the paper a couple of months ago about a cat in London who was thought to be the oldest cat in the world. It was aged about 31.
I wish I'd posted about it at the time, because I've forgotten all the details now. (like what sex it was) It had been found as a kitten abandoned in a dustbin. The people who rescued it had had it ever since. There was a picture of it -it was a little old black and white creature, rather skinny but looked in good health. Actually it was very touching to see that picture - it looked like such a cutie, but such a *very* old little thing.

seashell

·
Registered
90 Posts
Re: How long to cats live for?

seashell said:
I read in the paper a couple of months ago about a cat in London who was thought to be the oldest cat in the world. It was aged about 31.
I wish I'd posted about it at the time, because I've forgotten all the details now. (like what sex it was) It had been found as a kitten abandoned in a dustbin. The people who rescued it had had it ever since. There was a picture of it -it was a little old black and white creature, rather skinny but looked in good health. Actually it was very touching to see that picture - it looked like such a cutie, but such a *very* old little thing.

seashell
His name was Whiskey and his favorite meal was Whiskas chicken flavour.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Old Age Cats

The first two cats I ever owned and purchased when they were around 8 weeks old lived a good long life. Tammy was my daughters sealpoint Siamese cat, an indoor cat. She lived to be 20 years old. Ziggi was my baby a beautiful blue point Himalayan cat and he lived to be 19-1/2 years old. He also was an indoor cat. My next older cat Scarlett who was a blue point Himalayan Persian lived to be 16 years old, I had bought her when she was about 2 and had just had a litter of kittens. I think cats definitely outlive dogs! Hopefully your cat will have a nice life too. I have sweet memories of all my cats. Each has their own personality!

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
ForJazz said:
I think Annissa's cat is 23...21 is not the max.
Sorry, Sabby's only 14. Although, I think another member's cat is 23. I agree that 21 is not the max, but it's pretty old.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Cat

My cat when I was groing up lived to be 20 but the last year or two she had really bad arthritis. She was spayed as a kitten but she was an indoor/outdoor come as you please cat.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
My grandmother's cat Spooky, a purebred Siamese, lived to be 26 years old.She is now playing in heaven with my grandma, who died of breast cancer at age 60 :cry: Spooky was very healthy and spry right up until her last few weeks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts