Cat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
My cat that died last year was 17, but he had poorly for a long time. My late husband's cat died when he was 23 and he had been rescued as a tiny kitten, few weeks old. He had been put in a cardboard box and thrown into a lake. My stepson found him when he was a little boy and brought him home. It very unpredictable how long a cat will live. Hope your baby lives for a long time yet. :)

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
How long to cats live for?

I read in the paper a couple of months ago about a cat in London who was thought to be the oldest cat in the world. It was aged about 31.
I wish I'd posted about it at the time, because I've forgotten all the details now. (like what sex it was) It had been found as a kitten abandoned in a dustbin. The people who rescued it had had it ever since. There was a picture of it -it was a little old black and white creature, rather skinny but looked in good health. Actually it was very touching to see that picture - it looked like such a cutie, but such a *very* old little thing.

seashell

·
Registered
90 Posts
Re: How long to cats live for?

seashell said:
I read in the paper a couple of months ago about a cat in London who was thought to be the oldest cat in the world. It was aged about 31.
I wish I'd posted about it at the time, because I've forgotten all the details now. (like what sex it was) It had been found as a kitten abandoned in a dustbin. The people who rescued it had had it ever since. There was a picture of it -it was a little old black and white creature, rather skinny but looked in good health. Actually it was very touching to see that picture - it looked like such a cutie, but such a *very* old little thing.

seashell
His name was Whiskey and his favorite meal was Whiskas chicken flavour.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Old Age Cats

The first two cats I ever owned and purchased when they were around 8 weeks old lived a good long life. Tammy was my daughters sealpoint Siamese cat, an indoor cat. She lived to be 20 years old. Ziggi was my baby a beautiful blue point Himalayan cat and he lived to be 19-1/2 years old. He also was an indoor cat. My next older cat Scarlett who was a blue point Himalayan Persian lived to be 16 years old, I had bought her when she was about 2 and had just had a litter of kittens. I think cats definitely outlive dogs! Hopefully your cat will have a nice life too. I have sweet memories of all my cats. Each has their own personality!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Cat

My cat when I was groing up lived to be 20 but the last year or two she had really bad arthritis. She was spayed as a kitten but she was an indoor/outdoor come as you please cat.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
My grandmother's cat Spooky, a purebred Siamese, lived to be 26 years old.She is now playing in heaven with my grandma, who died of breast cancer at age 60 :cry: Spooky was very healthy and spry right up until her last few weeks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.