Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend gave me a persian kitten, the mother and father are both persians. Now it's 2 months old but it's not as fluffy yet like other 2 month persian kitties I see. How long does persian kitten hair to grow?

I attached pictures. The mother is white/ginger and the father is the left gray one.

Cat Blue Ear Comfort Carnivore Nose Eye Vertebrate Organ Iris

Cat Vertebrate White Felidae Carnivore Head Cat Eye Felidae Carnivore

·
Super Moderator
26,836 Posts
A quick Google search says 3-6 months.

Cali and Charlee's hair didn't get really fluffy for a while. Here they are at 8 weeks old, the day I met them at their foster home. I called Charlee (on the left) "Spike" for a while because that's just how her hair looked. As you can see from my signature, they both fully blossomed into longhaired kitties eventually.

Cat Felidae Carnivore Small to medium-sized cats Whiskers

·
Super Moderator
26,836 Posts
Cali (RIP)

Cat Felidae Carnivore Iris Whiskers

Charlee Marie

Cat Leg Felidae Carnivore Gesture

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awww they are so cute. Sorry to hear about Cali. Cant wait for mine to fully bloom. Thank you for sharing them. :)

·
Super Moderator
26,836 Posts
Thanks. Charlee couldn't follow me into the bathroom a few minutes ago. Her head is too big now. :)

Enjoy every moment of kittenhood, it goes by so fast. Take lots of pictures.

·
Registered
557 Posts
My friend gave me a persian kitten, the mother and father are both persians. Now it's 2 months old but it's not as fluffy yet like other 2 month persian kitties I see. How long does persian kitten hair to grow?

I attached pictures. The mother is white/ginger and the father is the left gray one.

View attachment 132020 View attachment 132021

View attachment 132022 View attachment 132023
The thing here is that these are not actually Persian kittens. they are a mixed breed, rather than being purebred Persian. Not that there's a thing wrong with that at all! It's just that with mixed breed cats, you never know what you will get and even if both parents have long fluffy fur, the kittens may not all turn out that way. Your kitten may get long fur as he gets older, but from the photo I kind of doubt it. Hope I am wrong, if that is what you want, though, and I might be. Just have to wait and see.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The thing here is that these are not actually Persian kittens. they are a mixed breed, rather than being purebred Persian. Not that there's a thing wrong with that at all! It's just that with mixed breed cats, you never know what you will get and even if both parents have long fluffy fur, the kittens may not all turn out that way. Your kitten may get long fur as he gets older, but from the photo I kind of doubt it. Hope I am wrong, if that is what you want, though, and I might be. Just have to wait and see.
Thanks for the response. I'll just wait and see. But even though he turn out not as fluffly as I expect, I'd still love him. 🥰

1 - 9 of 9 Posts