Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My kitten had some discharge and a tiny bit of blood which was the mucous plug we think this morning and she went into her kittening box and that was about hald 12 this afternoon. She hasn't been visibly contracting but how long does this all take??

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
Sometimes on weekends the members have family events, and the forum is a bit slow. I would not be concerned unless she has gone past 67 days. My cat had a bit of discharge off and on for a few days. However, if she starts to have contractions, you should see kittens within an hour- sometimes two hours. Only a vet can tell you definitely, however..

If you are sure she has gone past her due date, or she has had contractions with no results for an extended period, please take her to the vet. I know it's late now, but there is usually an emergency vet open 24 hours or an emergency number to call at most veterinary clinics. I do hope all goes well for mother and babies. Please keep us informed.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Every cat is different but my girl had her first bloody show at 6:05am and didn't seliver until 9:30 am. If you see her pushing and contracting for longer than 30 mintues I would call the vet they may want you to bring her to them because she may need some assistance or possible c-section. Most cats will do it on their own though. If your really worried about calling the vet would be a good idea. We all love to help here but we are not vets and are just helping from our own experiences. You can also purchase a book about queening and kitten care.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts