Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It would be interesting to see how many of us have a siamese cat in this group. A Mix would count too I would think.

Dutchman

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
I have two, a sealpoint female and a bluepoint male. Do you have a classic or wedgehead? I have classic. There are lots of us here! Some are on vacation, I know. :)

·
Registered
821 Posts
I have one, he's a blue point...and he's a year old (applehead). I grew up with one as well, he is 9 now and lives at my mom's house. He is a Sealpoint (applehead as well). What is everyone's favourite "point?". I think mine is blue point. Jeanie, I WISH we could see pictures of your cats! I'm dying to see them!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My cat David

My cat David is a siamese mix. But his coat and manners are pretty much typical of a pure breed. From what I've seen of other Siamese cats he looks pretty close to being a Blue Point, but a few shades darker.

His Momma owned my brother and sister-in-law and was born in their home. I first saw him when he was 2 days old. His mom, was the most multicolored cat I ever saw in my life. Very small and light as a feather. David on the other hand looks "very" Siamese and grew quite large and in his younger days put on more weight then what might really have been best for hime.... He was one BIG cat. As of March 23, he turned 19 years old. So he's not too active anymore, lost a lot of weight. Enough that I'm very concerned and want to fatten him up a bit, so he'll be getting a change in his diet.

He's been a great pal for many years and I dread the day that that he will no longer be physically with me. He will alway be with me in my heart and a time will come that we shall be together again for all eternity.

Dutchman

·
Registered
12 Posts
Allie is a blue point Siamese. She is an applehead. I also had a seal point when I was younger. I love the breed!

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Punky has siamese in her, but I adopted her as an adult so I have no idea about her lineage. Though she's clearly a siamese/tabby mutt.

I've always had a "preference" for siamese cats after growing up with a Tonkinese that was a wonderful cat. Lately I haven't been too interested in specific breeds though.

Punky was adopted because she was (and still is!) such a sweet little kitty. Supposedly someone else was interested in her, but she was due for euthanization soon so I didn't bother taking the risk.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Four here. Two pedigreed - a two year old blue point female and a 10 month old seal point male. Also have two applehead seals - a 16yr old male and a 14 yr old female. I've had nine siamese in my life.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Two little wild seal point wedgeheads ones here. Sam and Suzy, pure bred as they say (monsters at times and lovy dovy at times).

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What a beautiful pair they are

CyberPet.

The photo of Sam and Suzy is beatiful.. Are they sibling by any chance?

Dutchman

·
Registered
138 Posts
Bailey and Callie are raising paws over here, not to be left out. Bailey is a Blue Point Siamese and Callie is Javanese (a purebred, but originally derived from the Siamese and Oriental Shorthair). Mom's been out of town, but certainly can't leave here "babies" out of the count here. :)

katsprat

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Re: What a beautiful pair they are

Dutchman said:
The photo of Sam and Suzy is beatiful.. Are they sibling by any chance?
Yes they are litter mates. Sam was the biggest one in the litter and Suzy the smallest. Also fun note is that they both had very light coat compared to their siblings (they were 5 in total) and I just fell in love with the huge contrast. Now their coat is getting darker and have about the same color as their siblings had when they were just 3 months old, so I can just imagine how dark their siblings have gotten. If I could have afford, I would have taken the tabby in the litter as well.... she's a doll and so photogenic and I think that if they take her to shows, she will get very good points.

Ah, they are my darlings! turning 6 months on september 12th.

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
Also fun note is that they both had very light coat compared to their siblings
Did the breeder mention that they might be chocolates, rather than seal points? Sometimes it's hard to tell that young, but the lighter coat color with the dark mask is usually indicative of chocolates.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Yeah, The breeder said it could be chocolate points, but they are put down as seal points in their pedigree, and their backs are getting greyish. They are more "gray" in the color than their grandmother who's a chocolate point, but sometimes it doesn't show in my pictures since it's hard to get the white balance right and they look more "warm" in their coloring.

I'm thinking of getting a judge tell me if they are seal point or not, when we are at the show this weekend. I think it cost a bit, but they could be disqualified if they are signed up as the wrong color point. So doesn't have much choice.

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
It would be a shame if your entrance fee was wasted, but you'd have a definite answer, and you'd know how to enter them in the future. Chocolate points are beautiful! In Precious' last litter there was a kitten I was 90% sure was a chocolate point, and I wanted to keep her, but if I had kept every kitten I loved, I would have kept them all! :D That dollop of chocolate on her nose was so sweet!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts