Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Addison is only 9 pounds. I know cats come in all shapes and sizes, and he's not an overly big cat (and from some of your pictures, I do mean BIG!) but I still think he could weigh more. He doesn't look skinny or anything, but it seems like he has a definate change in shape where a "waist" would be... between his round little belly and his hip bones.

I know he's healthy and all, and not really extremely hyper or active and doesn't eat too much, but I was just curious about how much everyone's cats weigh just for comparison.

·
Banned
1,014 Posts
Cleo is 8.5 lbs, Lucas is 9.5 lbs and Levi is 11.5 lbs (he's a *big* kitty!). From what you describe, Addison sounds normal. There should just be a slight waist from the hips to ribs. You should be able to feel a thin layer of fat over his ribs.

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
Twinkie is about 8 1/2 lbs. and Sugar is about 9 1/2 lbs. Their bottoms are looking really huge lately when they sit down though :lol:

·
Registered
327 Posts
my cat is around the same weight 8-9 lbs....i dont think thats big at all..thats their normal weight. they gotta have some meat on them! :D

·
Registered
237 Posts
Tyra's about 7 lbs and Tyson is 11.4 lbs... he's a big kitty! I would love to put him on a diet but they can't seem to eat without one another!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Tiddy - 14lbs
Bean - 17lbs
Hoggle - 8lbs.
Rhiannon - 13lbs.
Chieve - 9lbs.
Bella - 13lbs.

Bean, Rhiannon and Bella are overweight. Bean is a large cat but should probably only weigh about 13lbs. All of mine are different shapes and sizes...I have small, medium and large.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Zack 11.6
Lamar 12.6
Zoee 18.8 (She's just big boned) 8O

·
Registered
205 Posts
Malcolm weighed 16 lbs when he was adopted last november...and he wasn't chubby then, but he is now, maybe 18lbs.

he is on a diet 8O

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
This isn't exact, but Stormy is around 10 pounds with Justin around 17.
Justin really needs to lose some weight and I'm still trying to figure out how to make that happen :?

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Try a wet food diet. That is what everyone suggested for me when I asked. I'll e weighing Zoee tomorrow to check on her progress!

·
Registered
722 Posts
Envy is 8 lbs at 6 months 8O none of it is fat, shes all muscle
Chaos is 2.5 lbs at 3 months(gonna have to watch his weight, he eats like Garfield)

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I've always wondered what the right weight is. I think it does depend on the cat. I read somewhere that 6-10 lbs is average. Which would make all of mine overweight. I don't really think they are. Just my BIG girl :D

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
We're going to vet this Thursday with all the cats (looks like they all have ear mites :( ). I will weight them there.... I"m wondering how much they are weighting....really curious! :)

·
Registered
865 Posts
opokki said:
Tiddy - 14lbs
Bean - 17lbs
Hoggle - 8lbs.
Rhiannon - 13lbs.
Chieve - 9lbs.
Bella - 13lbs.

Bean, Rhiannon and Bella are overweight. Bean is a large cat but should probably only weigh about 13lbs. All of mine are different shapes and sizes...I have small, medium and large.
That's funny - my nickname is Bean and my cat Moby is also 17 pounds! My other cat Julia is 11.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Mozart: 10.4 lbs.
Ginza: 14.07 lbs.
Kayla: 8.07 lbs.
Pixie: 10.11 lbs.

They are at their correct weight now, except for Pixie, who still needs to lose one pound.

I have a digital baby weigh scale, and weigh them every 2 weeks.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts