Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I limit the amount of food my cat eat in one meal?
Does the size of poop have to do with how much they eat in one session?
He ate so much yesterday and the day before yesterday in one session, and today he had really huge poop stuck in his anus (about 3cm wide), and I had to squeeze it out. The poop was stuck in there probably for at least 30 minutes before he came to me. The vet said it is ok now, but now his anus is still open, and he has been licking it constantly in the past 12 hours, and he would hiss at me when I hold him.
Is it going to close soon?
Does it have to with how much he ate in one session?

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Does he eat all dry food or wet too? He sounds abit constipated if he couldn't get it out. I don't know too much on the subject for cats but with humans drinking more water can help with constipation.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He eats wet food mostly. That large stool is not very hard, but the 4 pieces that came out before that large one are kinda hard. I am not sure how long those 4 pieces have sat in the litter, but certainly not longer than 12 hours....
Now I am very worried because he keeps licking his anus, which is kind of distended. I don't know what is wrong with him. I rang the vet and the vet told me to observe. I wonder if anyone knows what is going on with him....

·
Super Moderator
26,493 Posts
Try mixing some water in with his wet food to make it soupy and give him some hairball gel (or vaseline).

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I feed my cats a soupy mixture to make sure they get the moisture necessary.

I heard that cat stomachs are the size of a walnut and they benefit from having a higher frequency of small meals compared to say one big meal. Usually ppl feed their cats 2-3 times a day.

·
Super Moderator
26,493 Posts
I leave food for my girls when I go to work, and give them 3 more small meals after I get home.

Except for Gigi, she gets lots of tiny meals.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts