Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I'm getting the hang of Da Bird. I really got Thomas going last night. Halfway through...maybe after 5 minutes of play, he was panting pretty hard, breathing with his mouth wide open and his little sides going. I tried to slow Da Bird down, but he wouldn't stop playing, even though he was panting like that.

So what I wanted to know is, when he is panting a lot...should I stop until his breathing is back to normal or should we just continue playing?

About 10 minutes after we stopped, finally, he was still panting. Must of been a tough work out.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The thing is, Thomas doesn't want to be done. He just keeps playing, while panting a lot. Should I make him stop playing until he cools down?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Hobochangba does the EXACT same thing with da bird - panting but refuses to stop playing.

I figure, if he's panting, he needs a break. I generally slow it down for a few minutes. He's content to lie down and attack the feathers with his feet and mouth. After a bit, I start up again - but slowly.

·
Registered
237 Posts
i know it was posted a while back, but i can't seem to locate the link i'm looking for... can you post a link to where i can purchase "da bird"? i think tyson needs more playtime and a new distraction :D

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Our cats pant too. Fortunatelly, I have 3 cats so I switch between them. I play few minutes with Yoda, then with Dunga then with Maugli, then with Yoda again, etc. So, they have some time for resting. :)

·
Registered
366 Posts
It's a wand - an unusually long wand - that you wave around. The string is attached to the wand (permanently - although mine came untied once) and the feathers are attached with a little metal link. You can purchase replacement feather attachments as needed (my cat bites and breaks them until there is only one chewed feather left!). They also have other, non-feather attachments, I believe.

I wouldn't connect it to anything - nor do I leave it out unsupervised - as the string is also long and I'd worry about it wrapping around a paw or neck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts