Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be house/petsitting for someone next week. I'll be staying at the house when I'm not at school, because this woman's mother-in-law does not feel comfortable being alone. Now, while she is an older person, she lives in an apartment above the garage and is 100% independant. I'll just be there for her peace of mind. I'll also be watching her daughter's dog, a very well behaved 2 y.o. golden retriever.

I'm having a problem naming my price :?. It's about 40-min from my house, well over an hour and a half from campus, so I imagine travel will factor in. There's not a lot I'm going to actually be doing at her house, other than walking/feeding dog, watering plants, getting the mail. It'll be from a Tuesday morning to Friday morning.

What's the going rate?? What would you charge??

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Not sure what I would actually charge, but while I was hunting for doggie daycare, I came across several places that did overnight house-sitting. Keep in mind, I live in chicago and the rates for everything seem higher here, but I found these overnight services to be in the range of $45.00-$60.00 per night.

Not sure if that helps you at all.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Man, those rates are cheap.
Actually, on the bottom of the page there was one entry that said "overnight stays" = $30.00. Geez. It cost me $45.00 a day just to have my dog walker come 3 times on a Saturday.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
It's times like these when I realize how lucky I am to have family nearby... when we go out of town, my sister always takes the puppy to her place, and then visits my house at least once a day to take care of the fish tanks and Stephen.

If she can't, I have cousins or friends to help out. I can't imagine forking over $45 a day!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts