Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
about how much does neutering cost?? or are there any places that'll do it for free? im just wondering b/c Dill is almost 5 months old and we would really like to get him neutered.. any replies would be appreciated :p

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
It should be around $100 if you won't have his blood panel done and your kitty won't stay overnight at the vet's. If you will though it may go up to $200.
You can always check your local SPCA for low cost spay/neuter programs that could go up to $70 I believe or other mobile surgery units. Just make sure your kitty will be taken care of properly and will also get medication to go home with after the surgery.
I need to have my little Cheerio spayed pretty soon so I am going to be saving money for my witty bitty angel :D

·
Registered
237 Posts
good luck with the spay/neutering costs... i'm surprised that the locations you adopted them from don't require them to be spayed/neutered before adoption... the SPCAs & shelters here in the San Francisco area usually include the fee for that in the adoption cost (and if they're too young at the time of adoption, they'll allow for you to go back at no extra cost to get it done).

of course that doesn't apply if you find your cat.

good luck to Dill & Cheerio! ioana, if you have other kitties, the vet will probably recommend that you should keep lil' Cheerio away from her playmates for about a week while she heals. that's what we had to do with Tyra when we first brought her home (despite the fact that Tyson really wanted to play with her).

·
Registered
209 Posts
i don't know how much a spay/neuter really costs, i got mine done through an organization called animal friends. woody's spaying and shots only cost me $21, and i got to pick from a bunch of local vets. i just had to fill out an application with animal friends, and when i was approved they called me and gave me a list of participating vets. i picked one and they made the appointment for me. real nice organization! if you live in/near a bigger city, you might have an organization like that around too. (mine was in pittsburgh)

·
Registered
722 Posts
I was going to have Envy's spaying done with the local Humane Society. They have a slightly long waiting list because the service is open to anyone and you don't have to be approved so I sent away for the form before I even got Envy or knew we were getting her hehe. The cost was $33.50 non-refundable. Since I won't be getting Envy spayed here in NC I donated the surgery.

edit: just noticed you are in NC as well, if you live in Charlotte call the local Humane Society. The cat must be up to date on his shots and you need to bring in proof of that when you drop him off, you also need to bring $10 for his license and he must be 4 months old or older.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts