Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if I should be bringing my kittens into the vet for a checkup. The last time they went was in March. They will be turning one year old in a week and I am wondering if I should bring them in for a checkup.

·
Registered
245 Posts
My vets always tell me that after they get their 3 sets of shots you can bring them in once a year for a checkup and their yearly shots, unless there is something wrong with them.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Bogolove,
Yearly shots are HORRIBLE for your pets. Indoor-only cats should get the FVRCP(Distemper-combo) kitten series, then no more for life. Cats that go outdoor should get the FVRCP every 3 years, and not over the age of 10.

Abhay

·
Registered
61 Posts
wow! i was thinking it was law to have rabies shots and such. I've been taking my two cats to vet yearly for distemper boosters and rabies shots and I shouldn't be?

·
Registered
628 Posts
Yearly Distempers...no.

Rabies...follow the law in your area. If you don't keep your cats up to date on the Rabies, they accidentally bite someone, the Animal Control will most probably take the cat away and put it to sleep.

Abhay :D

·
Registered
238 Posts
I take mine annually for wellness examines...after the cats are a year old the rabies vaccine is good for 3yrs here but I guess it varies by state.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts