Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I am new to this forum so hopefully I don’t sound too irrational. I adopted a cat eight months ago and I could not be more happier. She is so friendly and says hi to everyone. Her original name was “Cuddles” because she loves to cuddle in your lap and she sleeps on my bed every night. I absolutely love her and could not ask for a better friend.

However, due to family history with cats, I get kind of scared that she will run away. She is a little different in the sense that she is very social. Do you guys know of any “safety measures” I can put in place to make sure she doesn’t run away? I don’t mean to be irrational but she is such a gem so any advice you can give would be great.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
Keep her as an indoor only cat, then she will be safe from all the dangers there are outside----dogs, aggressive cats ,coyotes, bobcats, traffic, cat haters who may poison or shoot, birds of prey (owls, hawks), parasites from eating mice/rats. Cats can be perfectly happy indoors. I take my two out in a pet stroller for "walkies" and they love it.....you could take your girl out in a harness and leash if you have a garden. You could build or buy a catio---an enclosure that's outside.....some are like a little room, others a small cage like thing that attaches to a window.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts