Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My two newly adopted stray kittens got a bunch of clumped liter stuck on their toes and bottoms due to them jumping into their water bowl then travelling to the liter box. I'm having a hard time trying to pry them off. I try wiping water on some areas and it doesn't help that much.

Is water the only solution? I don't want to give them a bath till tomorrow after visiting the vet.

I should've got nonclumping liter but the petsmart guy suggested it :(.

·
Registered
52 Posts
^^^ just give them a bath!

i give my adopted cat a bath once a week. she is the most soft thing i have ever felt!

she is even used to the water now... and when she drinks water sometimes she plays in her water bowl!

and i got mine from petsmart too!!! Cat Adoption Team!

·
Registered
821 Posts
You can try a different cat litter like Yesterday's News. It's not clumping (clumping isn't recommended for kittens anyways) and it's bigger chunks....more like little pellets....that won't stick to their feet and won't track. Most cats HATE baths....but you can try..... 8O

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Thomas did that too a few times. He had the clumped litter stuck between his toes. I just pulled most of it off. The rest he removed with his teeth.

·
Registered
821 Posts
If clumping litter is ingested by a kitten, it can clog their system...it's not pretty. Just be careful with it. I used it with my kittens, but not until they were 6 months or so. It never got stuck to them or anything though. If it had, I probably would have switched back to non clumping. It may smell a bit more, but it's better than vet bills!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts