Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi! So I'm a first time cat owner as I recently adopt a 3 month old Siamese lynx point two weeks ago and I am having a bit of trouble with her. I don't think she was properly socialized when she was younger because any single little thing scareds her. When I first brought her home, she was skittish obviously and would run away and hide if someone would try and get close to her.
I read online that keeping a new cat in a designated place for a few days could help build her confidence so I kept her in my room with all her essentials until I saw she was comfortable. Sure enough, she started to get more confident with her environment and began coming out of her shell.
She's fairly calm when being held and enjoys pets, but NEVER seeks out affection from me or others herself and still runs away and hides if one of my family members or even myself approach her. Or just in general I will find her hiding under my bed or the couch and it takes a while to get her out. That includes treats and toys which sometimes don't work. She also isn't vocal AT ALL (except when she wants to be out down) which I found a bit strange as I read that the Siamese breed is kown for their chatty and active nature.
She gets scared going outside or with new people, even with us at times. I just want to know what can I do to help her and let her know she is okay.
Anything will help thank you!

·
Registered
41 Posts
It is perfectly normal for cat to be a little skittish at first. My cat that I have practically raised isn't very affectionate or vocal, but she isn't a Siamese. Once she really gets used to everything (it may take a month or so) she'll probably be more vocal, and stop hiding. Just give it some time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts