Cat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having answered two requests recently about photographing cats without there eyes blazing, I decided make a search to see if there were any sites that gave advice on 'How to photograph a cat'. There seem to be plenty of them, so I shall just suggest that members who want to improve their cat photography seachfor the information. While an expensive camera maybe an asset, the cheaper cameras will do a great job if care is used.

I did find this site and I think it's well worth posting. It says so much on the subject.

How to Photograph a Cat

·
Registered
346 Posts
My girls swear I have more pictures of my fur babies on my phone, iPad, and camera then them.........they might be right......guilty.

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
Usually I wave my hand around their head. Gets them looking up with big eyes wondering if I've got something food related in my hand. ;)

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Hahaha, loved it! And me too, almost all my photos are of them sleeping.

·
Registered
9 Posts
lol
I've found a neat feature on my phone where I can take a snapshot from a video that I have recorded. It's the only way I can get a good shot of my boys because they always look away when I take a picture.

·
Registered
215 Posts
lol
I've found a neat feature on my phone where I can take a snapshot from a video that I have recorded. It's the only way I can get a good shot of my boys because they always look away when I take a picture.
thats the thing! What is it? I want that!:cool

·
Registered
9 Posts
Cool. What kind of phone do you have?
thats the thing! What is it? I want that!:cool
It's the newest HTC phone. I think it's a Galaxy II. I believe someone told me the camera was an 8 megapixel, which is way better than the digital camera that I had.

Here's a sample of a picture taken from video. It's a little blurry, but I think that has more to do with shaking hands than the camera itself.

Also, pardon the mess in the background. This is my foster cat who is currently living in my office until I can get my other cat to stop hissing every time he sees this guy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My mistake, I have the new EVO, but I think the Galaxy II might also be capable of the same feature

My foster has one eye. They named him Pirate Jim, and I think it's a great name for him.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts