Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a long hair cat who has massive clumps under his front and hind legs and all over his chest and neck. I can sometimes get him to hold still long enough to trim the ones on his neck but he gets extremely aggressive when i get anywhere near his belly or lower body where the clumping is the worst. It seems to be causing him pain and he's normally the chillest cat in the world but I can't get near the clumps to remove them. I need to find a way to nock him out so I can trim him up while he sleeps, but don't know what to use or how much. I'd also appreciate suggestions on how to remove them with as little irritation to him as possible, i typically use a small pair of scisors.

·
Super Moderator
26,603 Posts
I used to think the same way, but I doubt that anyone here will give you advice regarding knocking your cat out. The best thing would be to bring him to a groomer. There are also mobile groomers who will come to your home. It's well worth the money, because cutting too close and injuring your cat will result in an ER visit and will cost a lot more than a groomer.

It's a weird phenomenon that cats will let total strangers clip their nails, groom them, bathe them. I think it's because they know what they can get away with while their owners try to do stuff, but a stranger can just walk right up to them and clip their nails, cut away matts, etc. It used to drive me crazy that my girls wouldn't let me trim their nails, but their groomer could do all four girls in less than 5 minutes. And I thought Cinderella would have to be sedated to remove all her matts, but she let the groomer get them all out, either by cutting or combing them out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts