Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I desperately need advice on this from others with indoor/outdoor cats. My cat is treated for fleas (Advantage) but she's still bringing them in as passengers or something in the last few weeks (I found a dead flea in her water bowl). My bf and I are getting bitten and getting bad allergic reactions, and it can't go on like this all summer. Genie goes out of our small flat and roams a small network of gardens, so I can't do anything about treating the source. We had her indoors for a year before moving here and she was bored and frustrated much of the time. The last three months have been a dream - she's been coming and going at will and been extremely happy and healthy. My bf reckons the only solution is to make her stay in all the time but this is going to be **** for all of us! Does anyone have any alternative suggestions or experiences? Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much, this looks like a great solution! I am ordering some straight away. Thank you.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Also, you need to treat the house/carpet. If your getting bit, then they are in the house, and eggs hatch every 14 days. You need to treat the house/bedding cat all in one day. 14 days later do it again. Then personally, I would do it again in another 14 days. I would also treat the yard.

But, if your cat is killing mice, you also need to keep up with the Advantage and invest in some Tape worm tabs, trust me, your going to need those too as mice quite often pass on tape worms.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.