Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an old house/ranch cat that's always had a sensitive stomach. She used to thrive on mice/gophers, but now she's nearing 20 years old. She was going downhill fast until I switched her dry food from cheap stuff that my mom was giving her to Royal Canin digest sensitive, both dry food and wet cans.

We live in a dry climate, and she wants the wet cans every day now. However, I think she's using the gravy to hydrate, so what's she's doing is picking through the wet food, licking all of the gravy off, and only eating 1/4 of the rest of the can if that before she "asks" for the next one.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to source just this liquid part of the can, or what I could try instead of giving her 3 cans/day which don't really satisfy her?

I've been really happy that she's come back so much since switching to this food. The hair on her tail grew back and she's doing better, despite the age. But she needs more liquid gravy that's healthy and I'm not sure how to get it.

I appreciate the help, I don't have a lot of time to search, we don't have help on the ranch right now.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I've not used that brand. If it is a pate, mix a bit of water in with it before serving. That should help with the hydration. Make it like a thick soup or stew.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My cat loves gravy but NOT the canned food. He has CKF so he HAS to be on Wet. also he only likes tuna food. I put a bit of tuna wet canned food on his regular wet and use a one handed blender to make it more watery. I also add most of a tiny can full of water mixed in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts