Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm letting my two 7 week old kittens sleep in my room for now since I dont want them roaming the 2 story house i live in right now yet. I pretty much kitty proofed my room besides the fact that I have a computer here. whenever they try to grab a wire, i just give them a sharp "no no no!"

is this good enough? it stops them that moment but they come back to it a while later. they do have some toys.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Try to keep the cables off the floor. There's even these cool cable protectors (like tubes) where you can put all your cables and protect them from sharp kitty teeth.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
You can get foam pipe insulators at the hardware store to run the wires through. For the exposed ends that they could still reach, you can coat the wires with bitter apple or tabasco sauce. That usually discourages them pretty quick! :)

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

·
Registered
676 Posts
There are also these hollow round plastic tubings you can use.

Or a cheaper option would be to buy a bunch of zip ties from a place such as staples, and wrap all your wires securely in that. :)

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
When my little Sugar used to chew or gnaw at them, I made sure to say NO and get some toys to distract her. She is easily distracted by jingly toys so that worked. Just try to tuck your wires away to prevent them from chewing them first though :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts