Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Far from an expert, but I wouldn't place any raw cat food in a pan to "cook" it as vaguely as he describes...I'd probably be more careful about how to's of warming up the food from the fridge to body temperature, but again, that's just me.

There's just too many folks who'd just "do things" without enough research or looking things up.

·
Super Moderator
18,394 Posts
Slightly cooking the raw is a transition trick and is not intended to be done long term. He suggested giving the slightly cooked food as a treat, not the entire meal. Or use it before a regular meal when the cat is really hungry to see if you can get them to give it a try. I see nothing wrong with it as long as it's not used long term as a regular diet.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
I've suggested it to people with hesitant kitties before - to just barely sear the meat. Cooking it, even just that little bit, will make the smell much stronger and can entice a cat to try it.

Since a cat's appetite is stimulated by it's sense of smell a cat used to kibble or wet food may simply not recognize raw - which doesn't smell anywhere NEAR as strongly - as food.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts