Cat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my kitten is already trained in a litter box how can i teach her how to go to the comfort room which she can pee or popooh! i mean her waste! and to flush?give some idea to this problem?

·
Registered
52 Posts
i have never heard of a cat that p00ps in the toilet...

my sisters cat flushes the toilet... but doesnt actually use it.

how old are you? do your parents know you own a cat? lol

·
Registered
672 Posts
You can train a cat to use the toilet, there are some people here on the forums that have posted pictures of their kitties going like that. Hopefully one of them will see this post!

I dont think a cat can flush though!!!!! It does not have thumbs!!! (Remember the movie Meet the Parents...haha.)

·
Registered
52 Posts
my sisters cat flushes her toilet... its the funniest thing in the world. Are you implying that I am a liar and the cat does not flush the toilet???

I dont think a cat can flush though
^^^ whats up with that??!??!??!?

anyways... my sisters cat reaches up standing on his two feet and pulls the handle down. I dont see why a cat would need thumbs to accomplish that??? (Meet The Parents is a comedy movie... not a cat documentary)

·
Registered
672 Posts
bjohnson said:
my sisters cat flushes her toilet... its the funniest thing in the world. Are you implying that I am a liar and the cat does not flush the toilet???

I dont think a cat can flush though
^^^ whats up with that??!??!??!?

anyways... my sisters cat reaches up standing on his two feet and pulls the handle down. I dont see why a cat would need thumbs to accomplish that??? (Meet The Parents is a comedy movie... not a cat documentary)
Bjohnson, I seriously hope you are joking!!! I will leave it at that, I will not turn this into a locked thread. I guess you didn't get my joke. Thanks.

Lemon, I think it was Bean that had a picture of his kitty going potty. Hopefully he will post! ****

·
Registered
52 Posts
your humor flew right over my head.............................................................................................

where is it funny to tell someone that what they just shared with you couldnt happen???

i just felt insulted cuz you made it sound like "cats can't flush a toilet but they can get potty trained" basically contridicting everything i said!~!!

you feel me?

im over it. dont use your admin powers on me please

·
Registered
52 Posts
why do you feel you have to show me the pic in order to prove your point? and why do you feel you have a point to prove?

see the difference between me and you is that i BELIEVE YOU!!! YOU DONT NEED TO SHOW ME A PIC!!!! you just dont believe me that my sisters cat flushes the toilet...

are you 14??? why are you acting like this?

im over it... if i see you in a thread... im OUT!!! (too crazy for a FREAKIN CAT FORUM!!!)

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Training your cat to use a human toilet is an involved process that can take a while. I have seen the litterboxes that you put on top of the toilet at the start. I don't have any personal experience doing this, so I'll leave it to others to tell you the steps involved.

I know cats can definitely flush. Ginza does this from the floor and pressing down with his front paws too like BJohnson's sister's, or the preferred method is to jump up onto the water reservoir and step down on the lever with one paw. It definitely startles me when I think I'm the only one in the house.

EDIT: I just wanted to clarify that 1. I don't train my cats to use the toilet, they use litterboxes. 2. Ginza flushes for fun to amuse himself.

·
Registered
672 Posts
jonsgirl said:
Beannnnnnn....where are you???.. somebody with a potty-kitty??? Anyone???....... :lol:
What I meant by this was I hope someone else posts with ANYTHING to say besides "blah blah blah, so you callin me a liar blah blah" This thread is not about me or anyone but lemon and her needing advice to toilet train her kitty. Thank you superkitties for posting SOMETHING. Sheesh.

Yes I am a woman. I am 22. My computer is on all day and if you feel so upset by me and my posts that you will not be in the forums, then I will happily leave a window open to catforum 24/7. Thanks!

Mod's/ Admins I am so sorry for I dont know what. Feel free to delete my posts because I know everything after my first post accomplishes nothing. I was trying to be civil but I guess that's all it was, a try. I guess I have to start PM-ing responses or something because I never intended to offend anyone and have never done so on this forum. (At least I dont think I have. :wink:) Thanks.

·
Registered
52 Posts
22 year old... yeah that explains it.

I feel bad for jon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

·
Registered
865 Posts
OK everyone calm down! We may have to clean up this thread a bit.

bjohnson/jonsgirl - I think things may have been taken out of context between you two. :) Happens offen on the internet and in email - you can always tell how serious people are in plain type, without facial expressions and body language. I don't think either of you are really saying a cat can't do one thing or another. Cats can be trained to use the toilet - and for some it's easier than other. I also imagine a cat can flush the toilet - but I also imagine most times it's for their amusement (to watch the water) than to get rid of waste. It may be hard to train a cat to flush to remove waist, but that doesn't say it can't be done.

lemon - yes, a cat can be trained to use the bathroom. I tried to train Moby, and it was slowly working. But I gave up once I got a covered litter and could move the litterbox out of my small bathroom. That's a pic of my cat Moby above, using a litter tray. There are other posts about this on the forum if you search for them, as well as resources on the internet. Flushing may be hard though - as I said above. It also depends how finicky your cat is in regards to bodily functions - some have set rules they poo by. :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
^^^ yeah i was saying that my sisters cat just flushed it for fun... he never once peed or p00pt in der :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts