Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my husband loves to tickle banjo's belly and encourages banjo to grab his arm and kick/bite.
I told him to stop instigating and pull his hand away when he does this, since banjo is going to get much bigger and stronger and it might not be fun for unsuspecting guests.
Well, he still does it and thinks its funny. Should I spray my husband with a water bottle? Or maybe just a swift smack to the back of the head?
Any advice appreciated. Thx

·
Premium Member
18,382 Posts
Threaten to neuter him? :lol:

·
Registered
273 Posts
what about locking him in the bathroom for a timeout whenever he does that?

·
Super Moderator
26,687 Posts
Switch their dinners for a night.

·
Super Moderator
26,687 Posts
I dropped mine off in a big field. Thank goodness he wasn't microchipped!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Well I like the idea of returning to the shelter, however if you've already bonded then a swift smack to the back of the head AND a spray bottle could work lol.

Good luck, husbands are harder to train than cats, dogs and two year olds combined lol.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bahahaha lots of great suggestions in here....maybe if I stop feeding him one of the neighbors will take him in :)

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
If all else fails, you could relocate him. But just make sure you take to an area that's really far away because he might try to find his way back to you...and you know men are notorious for refusing to ask for directions. ;-) LOL!!

·
Super Moderator
26,687 Posts
Only because there are pictures.

:grin:

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I actually assume most people on here are male for some reason, I think because the other forum i frequent is mostly guys. Oh well, MY guy isnt on here lol

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
I've found the best way to deal with a naughty male is to yell very loudly "NO! BAD!" and then grab them by their scruff and give them a firm shake. This will show him who is boss. He should roll over and offer his tummy as a sign of submission, if he doesn't you must forcibly roll him over and growl in his face.

GhostTown...obviously you are a very well trained husband who deserves a treat. Do you want a cookie? Does the nice hubby want a cookie??? Ok, Sit. Good boy! (lol)

·
Registered
611 Posts
I apologize for getting on topic:mrgreen:

Seriously, and my I approach it this way with my girlfriend, and she with me.....

"hey, this is something that's important to me. Even if it doesn't make sense to you, please do this because it makes me happy, and it makes you more attractive in my eyes when you respect my feelings"

It may sound corny, but this is what makes great relationships.

·
Registered
8,962 Posts
"hey, this is something that's important to me. Even if it doesn't make sense to you, please do this because it makes me happy, and it makes you more attractive in my eyes when you respect my feelings"
That's sweet :D I remember back....18 years ago when I met my ex husband and we both had that attitude. "HOney, please don't leave your dirty underwear on the living room floor. I know it doesn't matter to you, but I like the house tidy, can you please walk the 3 feet to the laundry room hamper and toss them in there?"

Then after about 14 years of him asking "Why?" to the same requests My answer started to sound like "Because I asked you too and I'm saying please!"

Then after about 16 years it kind of became "Just *&%$^() DO IT"

Then it ended with "Ask my lawyer"

·
Premium Member
18,382 Posts
HOney, please don't leave your dirty underwear on the living room floor.
I solved a similar problem for my mother when I was a teenager....my father used to take his socks off every night and toss them on the floor beside the bed. Every week when we cleaned the house, my mother would be grumbling about the socks. So one day we changed the sheets on their bed, then I took dad's dirty socks and piled them up on his nice clean pillow case and pulled the top sheet over them. His pillow didn't smell very nice when he went to bed that night. Needless to say, he never left a pile of socks next to the bed again.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts