Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone give their kittos green cat food? I went to a party,had the (American) traditional corned beef and cabbage.

What are some St Patrick's day traditions you share?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Well it was Boo's birthday so we had green cat toys,homemade catnip shamrocks,and cat treats.For us humans we had a huge family party since we are all Irish heritage.Served was a little of every thing including shepherds pie,Irish style beef stew,Dublin Coddle One-Dish Dinner,Green non alcoholic drinks,A green cake and shamrock cookies.We all we're supposed to make Shepherds pie but apparently they didn't get the memo but it all tasted good and we had fun was all that mattered.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
I worked most of the day at the pull tab booth, had the bar's corned beef and cabbage, it wasn't as good as my mom's. Later on my boyfriend and some friends had some green beers at a bar.

·
Premium Member
2,855 Posts
I was at a friends house to start with, I'd stayed overnight drinking and playing video games... haha. St. Patrick's Day a little early? Anyway, at around 5 PM the next day I came home in time for corned beef and cabbage. Not my kinda food, I almost was tempted to stay at my friend's house and eat the chicken wings they were making.

I'm half Irish, but that side of my family isn't even Irish (they're of British descent)! We just eat it to keep in the spirit of things, like how on Chinese New Year we eat Chinese food.

A few years ago some friends and I went in search of green beer on St. Patrick's Day... we didn't find any! We were really let down. We keep mentioning that next year we'll go have green beer. It never happens.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
This is the fifth year that I've had my head shaved for the St Baldrick's Foundation, so I guess it has become my St Patrick's Day "custom".

Here's a pic of my 'good side', lol. I forgot to take my camera. Someone else took more photos, and I'm awaiting them by email.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts