Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's our only cat at the shelter right now and he's been adopted but they haven't picked him up yet. I'm kind of attached to him.

I'm trying to determine how to describe his color/breed.

To me, it's kind of a cinnamon point shorthair.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
A red point to be techincal, though I always think of it as flame point. Sounds cooler, since 'red' isn't the color most people think of when they see that color - they think orange/cream. It's just semantics anyway.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks! I'm going to go with red point shorthair. I don't know what it is but I really like colorpoint shorthairs.

Tina is a seal point lynx shorthair I think.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
When it's a shelter cat, you call it what ever (i) is legal (don't say it's a
Kinkalow or tuxedo with white mittens when it's not) and (ii) is likely to attract the most attention, interest.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Red point DSH. A Colorpoint Shorthair is actually a breed of Siamese type. Breed: Colorpoint Shorthair

Tina is ? Can't really see the coat well enough to determine color but she looks like a medium longhair from what I can see.
Colorpoint Shorthair - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I know they are first cousins to Siamese. The cat pictured looks exactly like this one.

She has the same type of hair as the cat in this thread.

When it's a shelter cat, you call it what ever (i) is legal (don't say it's a
Kinkalow or tuxedo with white mittens when it's not) and (ii) is likely to attract the most attention, interest.
To my knowledge, there isn't any law regarding cat breeds here. We describe them however they appear to us. This one has already been adopted. I just like how it looks and it's personality.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts