Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My next door neighbor has 2 cats. They're always outside, and they're really honery. They keep coming over in my yard and causing fights with the ferals and strays I take care of. I've had to pay several vet bills for abcesses caused by her cats, and I'm getting tired of them coming over and fighting! I tried to talk to her and explain the problem, and she just got defensive and rude, and told me that it was none of my business what she lets her cats do. I don't want to take her cats to the shelter, but I'm also sick and tired of having to pay vet bills because her cats are chewing up mine, and the fights are almost always happening in my yard, often times in my shed where my ferals go for protection. What can I do?

·
Registered
651 Posts
We chatted a little already, Lydia, but it sounds to me like you've tried your best to run them off already. Maybe you could try actually welcoming them, and then they wouldn't try to fight to stay on the territory? Try petting them and see if it helps?

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Try a different kind of conversation with your neighbour - tell her it is for the best of both yours and her cats to be safe & healthy therefore you need to collaborate so they can get along/ or not meet at all
If that doesn't work and not only the suggestion above to work with the cats might be a great solution. All the best to you and all of the kitties :)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've tried to reason with her, and tell her that it was safer for her own cats as well to, but she's just been a total jerk, and won't even try to keep her cats under control. I can't get anywhere near her cats, they're pretty wild. I've seen them go to her, but I've never been able to get near them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts