Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's crossed my mind that, in the future, I may be moving from Kentucky to South Florida. That's a loooooooooong drive and I'd need to move my Moxie cat with me. She's an indoor-only cat, but I seriously doubt she'd want to stay in her carrier for hours at a time. Not to mention, how would she go potty if she's never been outside?

If anybody's had to make a big move with their "children" in the past I'd appreciate some answers. Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I drove to Ohio from Washington State with my cat. It should've taken three days, but it took four. I bought him a leash and halter for the trip because I didn't want to coop him up. He spent most of the trip hiding under the passenger seat. He didn't eat, drink, poo, or pee for most of the trip. We broke down for 26 hours in St. Cloud, Minnesota and he had an opportunity to eat, drink and use the toilet while we were stopped. The next morning while driving through Chicago he let me know exactly how he felt about the trip by peeing on my lap.

So, if I was going to do it again, I'd still go with the leash and halter, and I'd keep a litter box in the back seat just in case.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts