Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just adopted a kitty last Saturday 1/21/12. Her name is Sophie, she's about 5-6 years old, spayed, and is a calico. She's had a rough life. She was adopted from the shelter as a kitten by a family that tossed her outside after they got 2 more cats, and 2 dogs. She lived under their shed for 4 years until the neighbors called the SPCA. This area was in the path of a hurricane last September '11, and the neighbors were concerned.
So the SPCA scanned her, found a microchip, and returned her to the shelter. So she's been in a foster home for the last 4.5 months with some dogs and 8 other cats. Apparently she's timid around other cats so the shelter suggested she be the only cat in the household.
Well, my last cat died in 2009, my dog in August 2011, so I was ready for a new pet. I contacted the shelter, explained what I was looking for, and they suggested "Sissy", the rest is history. I renamed her Sophie.
That's my story,
Happy to be here! :kittyturn

·
Super Moderator
26,687 Posts
Welcome!

Sounds like Sophie found her forever home. Can't wait to see pictures. :grin:

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am a huge advocate of adopting from shelters, thank you for saving a life! Ive had a few calico cats. Theyre rather strange, but in a very good way. They're quite amusing so I'm sure you'll be having plenty of funny stories to share. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts