Cat Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon to all. Me and the boys are new to the site, & we are very impressed with everything we've seen so far. Great folks doing a great job to educate and support all of us guardians with feline friends.

As for us I am a retired NP. I've been very fortunate to adopt 2 (now 7 mos old) active and crazy kittens. I lost my last boy (13yrs old) in early November due to a combination of cancer and kitty aids. My vet had told me to go ahead and get another cat while he was still alive but I didn't want to take a chance on another little life, even with an accidental exposure. So I found myself with no "kitty energy" in my home, for the first time in 40 yrs! By the end of the first week I found myself becoming more miserable. At that point I decided not to wait any longer and set out on a quest to find another cat companion. My two new boys (4mos at the time) came from a local shelter the day before Thanksgiving and I felt like it was a perfect omen for things to come.

Yoda is a small (not in personality), sable, lynxpoint Balinese, 5 1/2 lbs. Spock is a tall, long, lanky throughbred of a kitten who is a chocolate lynx colorpoint with white classic tabby body markings, weighing in at 10.2 lbs. The perfect meeting of recessive genetics! Amazing to me the size difference in 2 cats born within days of each other.

Anyway, we are looking forward to learning lots and spending time looking at other great cat pics. Have a great day to all.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts