Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
all of a sudden my cat is howling and crying all the time. My cats live in a finsihed basement and have been down there for three yrs. all of a sudden my two cats are fighting and acting up. I brought them to the vet and there is nothing physically wrong with them. I have tried bringing the cats up stairs and they run down stairs immediatley, They HATE the dog and refuse to be in the same room with her. I am so sad for my cats. I even had to seperate them because they would fight constantly and they never did this in the past. can anyone give some advise?

there both fixed and 8 and 9 yrs of age...this is strange behavior and I want to fix it.

p.s. I make it a point every day to spend QT with them and they both get their fair share of lovings..I'm at a lost and very upset about it, HELP! :(

·
Registered
366 Posts
Something might have happened between the two cats to cause the unusual fighting - maybe one scared (surprised) the other one while it was asleep or perhaps something happened - a loud noise like an accident outside that scared them both (that happened to a friend's dog - he was home alone and there was a big car wreak in front of his house. He was a wreak for a long time after that). Cats sometimes hold a grudge against whoever is closest in a situation like that.

Are there any windows in your basement that they may have seen/encountered another cat or some other animal? If there was something down there that was bothering them in the night, that could cause some tension...?

My only other thought is that something IS physically wrong with the one who is howling and crying. I know you said you brought them to the vet and they checked out okay, but I had a cat get suddenly very sick very shortly after we had our yearly vet visit. Are you noticing any other changes - like weight loss?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts