Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been going on since the resident kitten (7 months old male) became friends of the new kitten (5-6 month old female).

He'll go to their 'cat room' (with their toys, litter box and food, etc.) and start whining loudly. When I go there to meet him he either stops and purrs/chirps (odd sound, don't know how to describe it) at me or just stares like nothing happened. After I go away he'll start doing it again...

What does he want and how do I avoid it? It's annoying especially when I'm trying to work, although of course, if there's no solution I can deal with it. :p

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
Some cats are just like that, they call for you if you're in a different area of the house, my aunt's Balinese was like this and Blaze is as well to a lesser extent. That sounds like what you're describing to me. Some cats are just very vocal and people oriented and want to be where you are. Or in this case, want you to be where they are (their favourite room by the sounds of it). Typical cat, making you come to them instead of the other way around. :p

Blacky occassionally does something like that, but with actions instead of "words". She'll walk back and forth from the room we're in to the stairs, trying to lead us upstairs to my bedroom, since she wants to be in my room but she doesn't want to be in there alone. Sometimes she'll also meow when she's at the bottom on the stairs in a "hey is anyone up there? I don't want to go up for nothing"...

I don't really know what to suggest, besides to maybe spend more time in that room.

·
Registered
8,962 Posts
That's the noise MOwMOw makes when he wants to play. He USED to make that sounds until I showed up and chased him around the apartment.

Now it's a toss up as to whether he wants me to come play with him or he wants Shepherd Book to come to him so they can play (read -run to MOwMOw excited about playing and then get chased around - smacked around when he stops running).

·
Registered
594 Posts
I agree with Carmel. Squeek does that too, more of a whiney meow when she's on another floor and wants attention. Sometimes I'll just call to her and she stops or comes to where i am..occasionally with her toy she wants me to play with her with. You can either give in and go to kitty, or teach kitty that she needs to come to where you are by calling to her.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts