Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just another poll out of curiosity.
If you have kids already, how many and what ages?
If you want kids, how many do you want? Hubby wants 2 and I want 2 or 3. :D

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
There's no choice for "undecided." That would be me. I work with kids every single day -- when I come home I love to relax and try not to think about behavior plans. lol. I don't know if I want to come home from work and have to continue working -- only 20x harder because it is *my* kid, and I am the one in charge of actually raising it. The only thing *right now* that makes me want to have kids, is how happy my mom would be. She is the world's best grandmother, and it makes me soooo happy to see how much she enjoys her grandkids, and how much they love her. But I don't think someone else's happiness is enough of a reason for me right now, and I don't think I would be a good enough mother right now. :)

·
Registered
656 Posts
I have had 4 children:

David 23 years old.
Jennifer 20 years old.
Andrew 15 years old.
Hannah 13 years old.

I have 1 grandson: Caine 3 years old. He is Jennifer's child.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
ForJazz said:
There's no choice for "undecided." That would be me. I work with kids every single day -- when I come home I love to relax and try not to think about behavior plans. lol. I don't know if I want to come home from work and have to continue working -- only 20x harder because it is *my* kid, and I am the one in charge of actually raising it.
Im exactly the same hehe.

When I see my friends with a baby I want one, but then I just think of the work. How much freedom id loose and the lack of money.
Im definatly an undecided.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
I'd definitely love to have children one day but at 32 and having no serious relationship/husband right now I might have to content myself with being mad auntie stephie with the cats to my vastly increasing number of neices and nephews. :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have 2 boys, ages 19 and 12. They are both great kids, I consider myself very, very lucky! They can both be a little lazy at times, but if that is the worst thing they do........lol.

I have to say, that I completely respect all of you out there who do not want kids, and stick with it. It is such a tragedy to see people who do not want children have them anyway. It doesn't usually turn out good. I have always wanted children, so it was the right choice for me.

Chris

G

·
0 Posts
Neither my husband or I want human kids. We're perfectly content with our 9 furkids. Besides, with all our furkids there's not enough room for skin kids. :lol:

·
Registered
513 Posts
Already have 2 kids, grown and gone, 25 and 27 years old. Now I have started my second family with kittens. We currently have one, Gracie, but next week we are adopting another! I must say I prefer the HUMAN KIDS terrible 2's to the 15 week old biting and attacking my legs stage!

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
No kiddos at the moment, but I definately want some in the future (after that whole finding a husband thing ;)). I would love to have a few biological children, but I definately plan to adopt, preferrably older kids :D

·
Registered
452 Posts
Good for you, Emily! I love the adoption idea!

I have two kids: both girls, ages 18 and 14 (where did the time go?!)

Both of my daughters were a product of my first marriage. I married way too young, had my first child when I was 20. That marriage was a mistake from the beginning, but my children were a blessing! I am now remarried, and delightfully! My current hubby ADOPTED my daughters, after their biological dad voluntarily relinquished paternity.

We (my current hubby and I) had planned on having at least one more child together (this was several years ago) so I looked into have my tubal ligation reversed. After going through all of the counseling and testing required, we found that my hubby's congenital hernias (which he had repaired as a toddler) has left him 100% unable to father children. We toyed with the idea of going IVF using a sperm donor, but decided that we already have TWO beautiful daughters together! We also discussed becoming foster parents or adopting another child, but those of you who know my story understand that my health is not the best...

So we love our daughters and our fur-babies and each other we have a complete family, although a bit non-traditional. It works great for us, and I am hoping to be a grandmother somewhere WAAAAY in the future! I hope my kids will wait until at least the mid to late 20's if not 30's before having kids.

I applaud those who want to adopt...especially those who want to adopt older children! My daughters were 10 and 14 when their dad adopted them and they are so happy with the way their lives have been. My oldest daughter doesn't think she will want to have children. My youngest wants to adopt older children when she is married and settled, and may want to have a biological child as well. I support whatever decisions they make with their lives! I am thrilled with mine, though I would have waited until I was older to start my family...if I had the knowledge I do now and could go back in time.

I have one sibling and he and his wife are childless by choice. They are in their mid-forties and have 4 beautiful furr-kids, which completes their lives. I will never be an aunt to humans, but I am a furr-aunt. 8)

Follow your own hearts! If kids aren't for you, I applaud you. If you want your own kids, I applaud you. If you want to adopt, I applaud you! If you are unsure...I applaud your taking the time to think it through! See? It works for everyone! :D

1 - 20 of 42 Posts