Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have a kitty who has to try a bite of EVERYTHING? Maya cannot stand it when I have a meal or snack that doesn't include her. She is very well-fed, loves both her wet and dry cat foods.... but when I get out something for myself to eat, she goes crazy!! Oatmeal, string cheese, salad greens, scrambled eggs, pepperoni, ice cream, chocolate milk, meatballs, coconut cashews, iced tea, applesauce, jello with whipped cream, raw cookie dough..... today she stole my peanut butter and jelly sandwich right off the table! I usually try not to give her table scraps, but she climbs right up as close as possible to my mouth and sniffs and sniffs and licks until I give her a taste, and if I push her away, goes directly to the bowl or plate instead! Anyone else's kitty like to share?? :)

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I'm very strict with them - I don't allow them to steal my food! They come on the table and I put them down on the floor. They come again, I put them away again....and that repeats all the time. Usually they stop coming. :)

Dunga stole few times some food. Mostly from my husband. He is less careful than me! :D

Also, when we bring shopping begs home... Dunga opens the back and usually bites the bread! And if she smells salami.....oh, she wants it so badly! :D

·
Registered
917 Posts
cujo adores fake meat and dairy products. i'm a vegetarian, so whenever i have a fake animal item cujo is right there wanting it! he will actually grab my spoon and pull it towards him when i have cereal with rice milk. anything fake, he must have.

G

·
0 Posts
My parents came over for dinner the other night and my mom brought some of those brown and serve rolls. She left them sitting on the counter and while we were out of the kitchen, Snickers shredded the bag and picked at a roll. That cat will try to eat anything! Actually, both of my cats try to eat anything...I think they've been hanging around my dog too much.

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
My cats go for everything and anything.
during a day i left chicken legs out to defrost and went to bed and forgot about them, i got up in the morning only finding bones on the floor..... there went that evening meal!
Butch will espically try anything, i have grapefruit for breakfast and he licked some of the juice... if only cats could pull a "that was disgusting" face hehe the love cornflakes and wheetabix too... but i think thats more the milk than the cerial.
Vienna loves cheese, espically when she was pregnant, you couldnt get any out without her smoothing round you meowing her head off for some.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
This is one thing I am very proud of Stephen for - she doesn't ever beg for human food.

I absolutely hate when pets beg for food, and I've brought her up to know that it won't work and not to even try it.

She won't even mess with food if we leave a plate unattended on the coffee table! She'll sit on the couch with her nose in the air and sniff but she won't go near it.

She will beg for her wet food, though! She loves to go and sit my her wet food dish and vocally tell me to feed her. :roll:

·
Registered
611 Posts
My calico is a bit of a beggar too. Whenever I am in the kitchen she makes a little squeaking noise. That is about the only time she talks, except occasionally when she jumps up onto my bed. She also did the move where she pulls the spoon towards her once. It was about the most adorable thing I've seen her do. I do find it interesting that she always wants to try my food, and it is clear that sometimes she doesn't like it and yet still wants to try it again anyway.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised... my father likes telling the story about how me and my brother when growing up always wanted to sip his beer, and every time we did we would wince and have a nauseated look on our face.

·
Registered
552 Posts
faile said:
cujo adores fake meat and dairy products. i'm a vegetarian, so whenever i have a fake animal item cujo is right there wanting it! he will actually grab my spoon and pull it towards him when i have cereal with rice milk. anything fake, he must have.
As cute as he is, how can you ever refuse him? I hate to pick favorites, but he sure is one of them. ::))

Peace,
Mike

·
Registered
51 Posts
firelightsj said:
Anyone else have a kitty who has to try a bite of EVERYTHING? Maya cannot stand it when I have a meal or snack that doesn't include her. She is very well-fed, loves both her wet and dry cat foods.... but when I get out something for myself to eat, she goes crazy!! Oatmeal, string cheese, salad greens, scrambled eggs, pepperoni, ice cream, chocolate milk, meatballs, coconut cashews, iced tea, applesauce, jello with whipped cream, raw cookie dough..... today she stole my peanut butter and jelly sandwich right off the table! I usually try not to give her table scraps, but she climbs right up as close as possible to my mouth and sniffs and sniffs and licks until I give her a taste, and if I push her away, goes directly to the bowl or plate instead! Anyone else's kitty like to share?? :)
garfield anyone? :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haha.... I'm sure she'd be MORE than thrilled with a plate of lasagna!!!!! :D

·
Registered
821 Posts
Maleke and Magic want ANYTHING that we have. Their latest discovery is corn twists.....interesting. However, they are very good. If we say no, they jump down and lie on the floor. I have NO idea how we trained them so well, but apparently we did something right!

·
Registered
36 Posts
i kno all aobut that!

Dill is 2 months old and likes EVERYTHING that has a smell or taste or if it moves..hes in it! but by now all the "NO'S" from me and my boyfriend sunk in..he understands no.which is really good:p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts