Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

I have an 8 wk old cat and her name is Luna :D. She is of course very playful :wink: right now and I'm in the same boat as One_Ring...with her kitten being playful and everything.

I just have a few questions about Luna's behaviour. First, when I play with her I pretend that I am hunting for her...like I go down on my knees and stare @ her, and she does the same. And when she's rdy Luna comes jumping and leaping after my face lol :) but I pull back just in time so that she doesn't get me.

I was just wondering if this is ok to play with her "hunting"?

Second, Luna likes to bite my husband mostly his fingers and toes but the thing is as she bites, Luna licks for a few secs then she continues to bite again...what is she trying to say?

Thanks ahead for all your repsones :p

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I love playing 'hunting'. And I love fighting with hands. However, these are BAD habbits. For example, what will happen if a guest tries to pet kitty and kitty attacks! Attack of the Kitties!

Anyway, her biting is morely playing. She's using you guys as her siblings. I would tell her NO and then walk away and ignore her for a little while to teach her this isn't acceptable behaviour.. Give her a toy while your at it..

But if your like me and say to h*ll with the guests, have fun! (Also note that sometimes it isnt good to have a guest pet your kitty/dog, if they have a diseased animal, it can give them a disease)

I played these with my cat Thunder, who now lives with my grandma (I moved out, not gave him up), but my two current cats don't attack the hand unless they are mad and don't want petted. They didn't like the 'hunting' game like my Thunder did though.. I'd still love to play that!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts