Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Twice a day-once in the morning,once in the evening-Robin will tear through the apartment like a little f-16. He'll jump up on the table,play tirelessly ,climb everything-including me-and tumble for hours in his little felt cube! And there's NO slowing him down! Finally he'll conk out. But last night,he was PANTING with all the exercise he was getting! Is this normal? It seems he either sleeps,or does his Road Runner impression!

·
Registered
474 Posts
sounds like kittens to me! aster and cody will zoom around the house like crazy at about 11pm to midnight or so, with another dose of kitten craziness in the morning after their first meal. we use a feather fishing pole toy called da bird to wear em out where they will conk out for a half hour but will be up and crazy all over again after their cat nap.

panting is considered not normal for cats according to my vet. aster will play until she starts panting too. but the vet said that as long as she stops and rests for a few minutes and is playing again like normal it's nothing to be worried about. sometimes i try to pick her up and speak softly to her to calm her down, but she usually wants down even though she is tired and still keep playing! sometimes they just don't know when to stop!

enjoy these times while they last, and don't forget your video camera :)

·
Registered
383 Posts
He has a case of the ZOOOMIES. It is pretty normal. Kittens usually have the F-16 afterburners on and then will conk out all of a sudden. And will get the zoomies occasionally in their old age. Caught Methos this morning with a case of the zoomies and he is 14. FYI the dust bunny died a horrible death - Methos vanquished him.

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
.....I wouldn't attribute it to being a kitten. My guy is 7 now and he does that multiple times a day. Join him, it's great exercise and great bonding. We play hide and seek all the time around here. :)

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
Most animals have their own exercise sessions every day....my Angora rabbit did, my budgie, my dog, my horse, my kids' hamsters, and every cat I've ever owned. It's perfectly normal. Personally I find it hilarious when my cats have their "zoomies".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts