Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Charcoal and Trigger
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m Jessica and my kitty’s name is Charcoal. She is a grey/slightly calico domestic short hair and I love that girl so much. She is 13 months old, and the most peculiar cat I have ever had. She has so much energy and loves to play fetch with her little nerf balls. She’s a great jumper and can climb vertically with ease. I know a lot of cats enjoy that activity, but I never personally had one before. Every morning I wake up to her cuddled on me and I just love those moments because she isn’t much of a daytime cuddler these days. She would rather play fetch and she loves to play hide and seek with her enormous black lab of a brother, Trigger. She holds her own when it comes to this high energy dog. She won’t hesitate to smack him in the snout if he gets too booty sniffy with her. They play for hours, then they will sleep next to each other, it’s really precious. I have some questions regarding some rather strange activities that my sweet girl enjoys, that I would like to ask in the forum, so I hope to talk with you all more soon.

·
Registered
Phoenix, Tiger & Crackhead!!!
222 Posts
All three of my cats love to leap & climb, so I increased the 'vertical spaces' in my home to give them more options. A breakfast bar (which I never use except to temporarily set something down) plus some countertops in the kitchen, along with a 'cat cave' above the fridge, a regular bar with plenty of counter space, some cabinetry with counter-like tops, 9 widened windowsills, a work desk and bureau purposely left clear on top (well, mostly clear), the covered pool table when it's not in use, all of these add 'vertical spaces' for my cats to use and enjoy! And they do! I even built some aerial walkways or ledges on the outside of my home, and a 'cat ladder' to the roof where they like to hang out at times, but your home interior is a good place to start, and sometimes all it takes is a little creative revision... ya gotta think like a cat, lol. Charcoal looks like a really cool cat, reminds me of my Tiger except for the coloring. I don't think I've ever seen a cat with that unusual color combo! Cheers!!! :)

IMG_2450.JPG IMG_0184.JPG IMG_2804.JPG IMG_2902.JPG IMG_2224.JPG IMG_2384.JPG

P.S. 2nd shot shows my three kittehs on their own beater couch, lol... I widened the windowsill directly above that couch, so the couch and the sill see plenty of use. 5th shot shows the 'cat cave' over the fridge top, those cabinets were impractical for human use---too far to reach---so they automatically became a 'cat cave!' As you can see in the last shot, the cats even eat on the dining room table: they get one end, I get the other (with the better view of the Dragoon Mountains & Cochise Stronghold, lol). There's that breakfast bar as well, it has two levels so the cats love it, and I don't bother trying to eat there, since I already have the dining room table. The breakfast bar does come in handy for momentarily setting stuff down, or prepping food if I run out of counter space between the sink and range. Otherwise, it's a cat ledge... ;)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Sounds as if you have a great cat there. Welcome to the forum.
My cat plays fetch too. I think it's a sign of higher intelligence in cats who do that! ;)

·
Registered
Charcoal and Trigger
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All three of my cats love to leap & climb, so I increased the 'vertical spaces' in my home to give them more options. A breakfast bar (which I never use except to temporarily set something down) plus some countertops in the kitchen, along with a 'cat cave' above the fridge, a regular bar with plenty of counter space, some cabinetry with counter-like tops, 9 widened windowsills, a work desk and bureau purposely left clear on top (well, mostly clear), the covered pool table when it's not in use, all of these add 'vertical spaces' for my cats to use and enjoy! And they do! I even built some aerial walkways or ledges on the outside of my home, and a 'cat ladder' to the roof where they like to hang out at times, but your home interior is a good place to start, and sometimes all it takes is a little creative revision... ya gotta think like a cat, lol. Charcoal looks like a really cool cat, reminds me of my Tiger except for the coloring. I don't think I've ever seen a cat with that unusual color combo! Cheers!!! :)

View attachment 131210 View attachment 131211 View attachment 131214 View attachment 131215 View attachment 131218 View attachment 131217

P.S. 2nd shot shows my three kittehs on their own beater couch, lol... I widened the windowsill directly above that couch, so the couch and the sill see plenty of use. 5th shot shows the 'cat cave' over the fridge top, those cabinets were impractical for human use---too far to reach---so they automatically became a 'cat cave!' As you can see in the last shot, the cats even eat on the dining room table: they get one end, I get the other (with the better view of the Dragoon Mountains & Cochise Stronghold, lol). There's that breakfast bar as well, it has two levels so the cats love it, and I don't bother trying to eat there, since I already have the dining room table. The breakfast bar does come in handy for momentarily setting stuff down, or prepping food if I run out of counter space between the sink and range. Otherwise, it's a cat ledge... ;)
Wow, your kitties are beautiful. Thank you for sharing photos of them! It’s nice to hear how you have made certain changes in your home to suite your cats’ fancies. It looks like they have many happy kitty spots to rest and explore. My Charcoal loves venturing on top of the refrigerator. Great idea of the cat cave utilizing those cupboards. I’ll leave them open and see how long it takes her to notice and get back to you. She is so curious. I love that about her. This girl is the Queen of the house. Oh and I have to feed Charcoal on the countertop because her dog brother sneaks her food, eating it in one bite. I see that happening in a lot of dog/cat households. He’s a very big dog, but he can’t reach the countertop. I don’t know why he’d rather eat cat food than his dog food anyway? Charcoal never eats his food😄, but really my kitty can go wherever she pleases. If she wants to see what what I’m cooking, I let her get a visual. She knows if something is hot not to try to lick it. I think she tried that when she was little when I was in the other room letting my soup cool down, because if she does want to taste something, she touches it with her paw, then licks her paw. Sorry I’ve rambled on about my cat. Hopefully I’m in the right place! 💕 Have a great day!!

·
Registered
Charcoal and Trigger
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds as if you have a great cat there. Welcome to the forum.
My cat plays fetch too. I think it's a sign of higher intelligence in cats who do that! ;)
Thank you! I am lucky to have her. I never had a cat that played fetch before, but it makes for a fun game as she thinks she’s an acrobat too.

·
Registered
Andy and Bugsy, best buds!
193 Posts
Welcome, Jessica! Charcoal is beautiful. She is lucky to have you and you are lucky to have such a loving little girl as well!

Reactions: miscellaneous
1 - 6 of 6 Posts