Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... but I never appreciated it until we moved.

My baby, Dusty, has always been such a good boy. He hardly ever scratches the furniture. He did have a chair that he liked to beat on, but a few squirts from a water bottle and a new strategically-placed scratching post solved that. He never howls and yells during the night. He is good with company. And we have NEVER had a litter box issue. Not even once.

Then we moved and I was worried that the stress of it all would ruin his wonderful track-record. I should not have questioned it! :oops: What a wonderful kitty he is!

He was a little nervous the first few days in the new house. And for the first 48 hours he would not leave my bed. I mean, he was IN the bed, not on it or under it, but IN it. But here we are a month later and he's totally settled in. In fact, I think he likes our new airy house with the big windows a lot better than the cramped little apartment.

Anyways, the whole reason I wanted to post was to tell you guys how great he has continued to be with the litter box. Over the weekend, we made some big changes around the house. We moved his box from the first floor to the basement. Then installed a cat-flap in the basement door. Part of the reason we were so excited to get the house was because now we wouldn't have to deal with the stinky box in our "living" space. The basement was an ideal solution. Or so we thought. As it turns out, our little guy is scared to death of the basement. And he isn't the brightest bulb in the box, so he didn't quite "get" the cat-flap. I was worried that we might have our first "accident". Like I said, I never should have questioned it. The very first night his box was in the basement, he over came his fear, figured out the cat-flap and used his box like a good boy!

When I got up in the morning and found he had used his box, I praised him and carried on and on about it. I'm sure he was wondering what my problem was! :lol:

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
It's good to hear this. Hopefully I will have the same good luck! I have three pretty good kitties. Never had any real problems with any of them. I am making a BIG move on Friday and I am so stressed about how they will be in the car and how they will adjust to the change. This gives me a postive outlook though. Thank Dusty for me :D

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
An update! After just a few days, Dusty seems to have totally overcome his fear of the basement. Last night, I couldn't find him anywhere in the house. I finally discovered him on top of the clothes washer in the basement. I never even looked down there because I thought he would be scared of the big noisy machine. Instead, he was taking it for a ride during the spin cycle!! :lol: :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts