Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But I cant afford one!
But I did come across something ive never seen before.... A shoulder cat! infact two of them!

Meet screech, my cat come parrot

And this is Butch.

hrrrrrrrm I wonder how much a shoulder cat fetches?

(jk I wouldnt give them up for ANYTHING!)

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
speaking of parrots...

I was going around to a bunch of pet stores looking for a fresh flow fountain (mine was on back order from petsmart and wanted to see if I could find a good priced one) and my friend was looking about how much canary's cost for her mom. ANYWAY - this one pet store had a "rare" blue macaw type bird, supposedly less than 2000 in the wild or something. How much did this bird cost? well over $13,000!!!

who would spend that kind of money on a bird??

insanity.

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OsnobunnieO said:
speaking of parrots...

I was going around to a bunch of pet stores looking for a fresh flow fountain (mine was on back order from petsmart and wanted to see if I could find a good priced one) and my friend was looking about how much canary's cost for her mom. ANYWAY - this one pet store had a "rare" blue macaw type bird, supposedly less than 2000 in the wild or something. How much did this bird cost? well over $13,000!!!

who would spend that kind of money on a bird??

insanity.
It was probibly a Hyacinth MaCaw, those guys are pretty rare in the wild. There are quite a few people who breed them, but sadly for the money, not restoring them back to the wild. They fact that they are so rare makes them very valuble. In the pet store I work you can pay nearly £2000 for a blue and gold MAcaw and about £1800 for a Green winged MaCaw, all three of them are the large MaCaw breeds, there are other large ones but I cant think of them off hand.

Was the one in the pet store a deep blue/purle with yellow rings around its eyes?

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
As much as the bird cost, you'd think I would have paid more attention to it, but I didn't... I just know it was all blue. I was trying to find pictures online and I think you're right about what kind it was. I was just amazed that they would be selling it in such a small pet store. I'd be more afraid of someone breaking in to steal it for the money than anything else.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts