Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am moving to an apartment complex near my college that has paper thin walls. This wouldn't be a problem, since I am a heavy sleeper, however my cat is up ALL NIGHT and meows at the TOP of her LUNGS. Living with my old roomate, I would just lock her in the bathroom in the lower level (because she would wake him up, who would wake me up), and neither of us could hear her (unless you tried really hard), but I am scared that (even though pets are allowed and I will pay all pet fees) that the neighbors will complain about the meowing at night and they (apartment management) will make me get rid of my baby! I don't want to lose her, how can I keep her quiet at night. I play with her all of the time and especially at night when she is rowdy and during the day, I try and keep her awake. She usually sleeps until about 4 am and that is when the meowing starts. When I do get up (on the nights I don't lock her in the bathroom) to PUT her in the bathroom (hoping she will make the connection of meowing and being locked up), she runs away from me like it is a game. HELP!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Try feeding her before you go to bed. She might be hungry.

She probably does think it is a game, because you respond to her meowing. In her eyes, it works. If you absolutely cannot ignore her, than put her in her own room at night, with a litter box and food and water but NO toys. If you never answer her calls, she will eventually give up. You can try putting her in a carrier at bedtime if you don't have an extra room for her, but if hunger is the issue she will still cry.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I have a room for her and all, she doesn't bother me, it is my neighbors I am worried about (them complaining). I feed her around 6pm and she still has food left in her dish at bedtime, but I will try hiding her toys, maybe that will make her bored and she will sleep. I hope so...

·
Banned
410 Posts
If pets are allowed, then don't worry about it. It's not like its as loud as a dog barking. You never know...maybe they have pets that are loud too.!! I do hope that your kitty is strictly indoors, though. :D

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, my kitty is strictly indoors. the way she is she would bring me all kinds of suprises all the time. I just fpund out though that i had the apartments mixed up and they don't allow pets. I am heartbroken! I plan on keeping her though, but haven't made any other decisions. thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts