Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,

My cat has a relatively severe overweight problem. I am so worried. I hope there could be a smart device/app whatever that can just help me keep track of her body fat and tell me how to keep my furrbaby healthy....Does anyone has similar problems? What did you do in that case?

Big big thanks.

·
Registered
446 Posts
First, take your cat to a vet. The obesity may have a medical cause you need to know about.

If there's no medical cause, then she is eating too much and not moving around enough.
There are only two things that will fix this, just as it is with people. And you don't need a fancy app to do it.
Less food, and more exercise.

Feed her less. Don't cut it in half, just feed maybe an eights of a cup less for a couple of weeks, then gradually less and less until you are in the range of the right amount of food for her. For her to lose the weight slowly is best.

If she will play, then play with her to get her moving around. If she doesn't really want to play, then take her from her favorite spot and take her to a place in the house where she would not want to be, and put her down, making it necessary for her to walk back to her spot. Do this several times a day.

Over time this will get the extra weight off her.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Hello everyone,

My cat has a relatively severe overweight problem after being fixed. I am so worried. I hope there could be a smart device/app whatever that can just help me keep track of her body fat and tell me how to keep my furrbaby healthy....Does anyone has similar problems? What did you do in that case?

Big big thanks.
You posted the exact same question, word for word, except saying it was about your chihuahua, on a dog forum at the exact same time you posted this one.
What's up with this?

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
yeah it's called a scale. you have to do it the way everyone does: calculate the calories, start at a decent point for trial and error and see what happens. once you get it done, it's no big deal.

you have to have set meal times for animals. they don't know. my cats would eat every single bit of food in the house if i let them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@Mosi

Thank you so much for your advice! She likes to play a lot, so I guess it's becase she ate too much. I will try to reduce the amount of food I give her.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You posted the exact same question, word for word, except saying it was about your chihuahua, on a dog forum at the exact same time you posted this one.
What's up with this?
oh it's just because I have both a dog and a cat at home, and both of them are a bit too flutty, so I wanted to ask for some advice on both platforms. Sorry for the confusion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts