Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so mad at Psi I could scream!!!...oh wait, I've done that already. He has this stupid fascination with my glasses. He will find them no matter where I put them. Last night I took a nap and I put them under my pillow but he FOUND them and when I woke up, he was CHEWING on them and he has put about 10 freaking HOLES in the lenses from his stupid canine teeth!!! It's gonna cost me a fortune for new lenses!!! This cat better end up being worth his weight in gold when he grows up because he sure has cost me a lot!! I'M SO MADDDDDDDDDDDDD!

$100 adoption fee
$200 sick
$200 shots and neuter
$100 food, scratching post, toys, litterbox etc..
$175 new lenses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't talked to him all day. I wonder if he knows that I am mad. I'll get over it soon enough once I can SEE again.

[/rant]

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
Well, you were right. He is a little monster, and he is certainly making your life interesting. It's really a shame about your glasses, though. You have the right to rant. He's probably off somewhere finding something else to get into. I hope you have insurance!

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Hi Tanyuh,
I understand how you must feel : angry and ready to go get that little rascal till you look into his eyes...Idella, the little dapple dachsund they have here, comes into my room and chews even on the carpet..not to mention that my mother-in-law is so upset with her for chewing on furniture..well almost on anything..stealing socks so on and so forth... but then she is so cute!
I have heard that you can spray something spicy or that tastes like lemon on the things he is likely to chew. As for the glasses I am pretty paranoid about taking care of mine (knowing how much they cost) - I keep them in a glassses case so maybe you can try that too
Hope you catch up with those bills and Psi will get better about chewing

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya, I should have put them in a case but I *thought* that putting them under my pillow for a little nap would deter him. Little rascal. He doesn't chew anything else though!!! I think he has "forbidden fruit" syndrome. It's hard to stay mad at that cute little face so I'm back to being nice to him - unless he tortures Samhain, then he gets locked up in his cage. He's into the destructive stage now. I hope getting him fixed will calm him down a bit. Samhain was such a good kitten that we can't even remember what she was like! I feel like my parents - my brother (3 yrs older) was a complete angel as a baby so they decided to have another....but when I came along, I used to get them kicked out of restaurants for screaming so loud hehe.

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
My parents had two teenagers who were married or in college when I had my earliest memories, and my mother and father had my sister and me (3 years older sister) thinking they were angels in comparison with us, and that we were candidates for a juvenile detention home. The truth is we were good kids, and my older brother and sisters didn't have wings! How short our memories are.

All kittens get into one thing or another. But they're so funny to watch-unless they're chewing on your eyeglasses..... :cry: When PSI becomes a dignified grown cat you know you'll be wishing he would have stayed a kitten just a little longer. We're all like that! :)

·
Banned
410 Posts
I can't believe that a cat would do that. My brother's dog (a boxer) used to eat everything in site!! He would get upset if my brother left him, so he ate the entire back out of the couch, ate a bunch of glasses and sunglasses, he even ate wallpaper paste--when my brother got home Bouncer's lips were stiff!! One day I went to visit and walked in with my brother and Bouncer had taken all the blankets off the bed, chewed a big hole in the mattress, and tore open 2 feather pillows!! I laughed so hard because the carpet was maroon and you couldn't see it through all the feathers!! (Did I mention that my brother just moved into this house and didn't have a sweeper yet?) I still laugh just thinking about it. My brother ended up getting another dog to keep him company--so it stopped eventually. I am sorry about your glasses--I know how expensive they are. I just cannot imagine a cat doing this!! By the way, I have never heard that name before (Psi)--I don't mean to sound dumb, but does it mean anything?

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hehehe, ya...so now I see little blurry dots. He also chewed the ear part and it is really rough against my ear. Grr...

His name is a greek letter (my boyfriend, who named him, loves physics and he's a dork - I just love physics hehe). It sorta looks like a small "t" but instead of the stick across the top, put a "u". It is said like "S-eye". And I'm still mad at him! It's hard to stay mad though when he walks right up to my face and purrs at me...he's just too cute!!

·
Banned
410 Posts
My cats would be lucky if they ate my glasses--I have such bad vision that I wouldn't be able to see them to even yell at them!! (Luckily I have contacts!)

By the way, Tanyuh, is physics hard? I have to take a physics class as part of my Forensic Science major. I am really dreading it.... :?

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
NO!!!! DON'T SAY THAT!!! Physics is great!! Try to keep an open mind when you go in there. A lot of people have a fear of physics just because other people say "it's hard". Yes, I found it to be a lot of work, but it is fun work because you are learing about the laws of nature. There is a lot of math in physics but it's not a math class. Don't be intimitated by the math. I am assuming it is non-calculus based? The hardest math you will have to do is trigonometry but there is a REASON behind doing the math. It's not just stupid math problems because the answers tell you something!! Since you are in forensic science, I know you like to think. Don't be afraid of physics! And try to think about the problems, not just "get the answer" - that's not the part I love about physics. I love the thought process! And if you let physics into your life, it will be with you forever hehe.

Also, I can always try to help you via email if you pm me with a problem!

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
Sometimes the courses we dread the most are the ones that are the most fascinating. If you have a good professor, I'm sure you'll enjoy the course. Once you "get into" the subject, my guess is that you'll love it!

I took two summer courses once--from the two professors considered the roughest in the college-philosophy and Intro. to Literature. What great classes they were! The professor had to chase us out of the philosophy classroom to let the next group in. Then, a fellow student and I "argued" the premise the whole way home. What a professor that is! I have since heard people say they hated philosophy, and I couldn't understand why. It had to be the way it was presented.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
It is true, Jeanie -presentation plays a very important role.
While in Romania, I had a job as a substitute teacher for young kids, before passing my exams for university (they were short of foreign languages teachers so I went for it). The kids preferred English to French so it was tough because they had more French classes. I got a lot of colorful chalk and had big drawings on the blackboard ..I can still hear their voices in my head : "oooooh" as I was drawing big Santas. They ended up liking it a little bit more..not as much as they enjoyed English though

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I thank you for your kind words, Jeanie. We were fond of each other so it made it so much easier on me + I enjoyed teaching

1 - 13 of 13 Posts