Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you believe it? I was so stunned I didn't do anything except clean it up afterward. At the moment my car is in the shop but when I get it back I am off to get a few things from the store- stuff to break down the enzymes (thanks to some suggestions I read here), some Apple Bitter (also read here) to keep her from going to the same place, and I called the vet to get her in tomorrow to check to see if she has a UTI and schedule her spay. Yikes!

Today my Julie and Bryan (my human kidlets) turned 15! They are getting so old (not me though LOL!). Bryan is recuperating from a broken ankle- he goes in for surgery on Monday morning to have a piece screwed back into his ankle bone.

I have been off work all this week and truly believed I could kick butt in my college courses (they are independent study). But with everything going on it just didn't happen. That's life, hey?

Sorry, I am rambling. I have been keeping it together until this incident with Emma last night. That straw broke the camel's back. :roll:

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
Once she gets spayed she should stop, unless she gets into the habit of doing it. I think ive read, but i may be wrong that females spraying is a sign that they are/coming into heat? i may be wrong tho, someone will correct me

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Really? I didn't know that. The only thing is that she is only 4 1/2 months old. Is that too soon to be in heat?

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Yes, very possible. It's at the young end of the range, but I have definitely seen cats that age come into heat. It would be highly unusual for a cat that age to spray for any other reason. Yep, give the vet a call!

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, we had Emma spayed a little over a week ago, and I picked up some of the Feliway (I think that is what it is called). I haven't noticed any spraying since. It seems to have been one isolated incident thank goodness!

Emma does have kind of a cloudy spot on her eye. Her vet is keeping an eye on it- it doesn't seem to be bothering her at all. When we take her back to get her stitches out we'll have him take another look.

Eddie is as healthy as a horse and as stubborn as an elephant. What he wants he thinks he should have and that's all there is to it!

I love these little guys!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts