Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cats have taken to Feline Pine (pellet litter) really quickly and they seem to prefer it over regular litter but.....I don't understand how it works. IT's fine with urine, it turns to sawdust when they pee. But when they poop there's just a giant sticky turd sitting on top of the pellets that I have to pick off by hand. The stench is not neutralized at all and its gross. What's the point?

·
Banned
12,199 Posts
They probably haven't learned to bury it yet. Just let it sit there. If they find it there next time, maybe they'll be inspired to bury it. :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MyFirstRagdoll said:
I used to use feline pine also. I hated it. I've swtiched now to Tidy cat crystals. So far I like it, I've only used it for a couple days.
What did you hate about it? I basically just want something that doesn't track and give off nasty dust. But I sure as **** don't want to have to get up too close and personal with stinking cat poop!

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
My girls are bad with covering, though they've been improving. Mimi still leaves messes, and I grab her, bring her to the box, and let her watch me cover it. I praise her as best I can when I see her doing it herself.

It neutralises the smell just fine so long as it's covered. If the kitties aren't covering it, that's another story. :D

I feel your pain. I won't switch, though.

Lisa, professional poop-coverer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts