Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Mother is so anti-tattoo it is ridiculous. My Sister and I always tease her about the tattoos we will get. I remember her getting frustrated at my Sis one day and telling her she better get her contact information tattoo'd on her butt so paramedics would know who to call if she got in an accident! Oh, that was a funny day! Sis and I didn't realize how badly we could rile her up over tattoos, and ever since then, we've sort of made it our mission to get under her skin and get a rise out of her.
But I'm a big chicken... so far I haven't been brave enough to permanantly mark myself, I think I just haven't found the right design. Yet... :wink:

Anyhow, I told her I had found the PERFECT tattoo design! It is a dot, with a comma below it. ;
She was a little confuzzled and said "But that's a semi-colon?"
Well, I just had a portion of my colon removed in May, so in fact I do have a semi-colon! ...and here I thought it was self-explanatory. :?

·
Registered
981 Posts
LOL thats funny!!! Im acually getting another tattoo this week :D Im so excited it will be my second and I already have a 3rd planned out!!!!

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
You should get that Heidi :D (btw, love the positive attitude, and making fun out of yourself is just the kind of thing I encourage).

Never fancied it myself (WIMP!), but done well, it can look great.

·
Registered
981 Posts
If you got it how big would it be???? I think you should get it in your favorite color!!! And if anyone ask just say its a personal joke!!

·
Registered
12,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, I don't know how big it would be, though I am sure it would be small and in a private place (not readily visible to the public in summer) and I don't know that I'd want that ( ; ) one. I have a line drawing I did of a horse that I like much better.

·
Super Moderator
18,396 Posts
I think the obvious place for it would be on her abdomen... :lol:

·
Registered
12,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
doodlebug said:
I think the obvious place for it would be on her abdomen... :lol:
You know, I wish now that I had written a funny note in pen on my tummy for my surgeon to find during prep...

·
Registered
374 Posts
I think that's a great idea, Heidi!

I still plan on getting my dad's initials tattooed on the back of my neck, just at my hairline. No one will ever see it, except my immediate family and my stylist. It's my own personal tribute to my late dad. Just can't figure out what kind of "style" I want yet.

·
Registered
12,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What a great idea! Maybe I can do the ; at my neck hairline. That would be a good spot, and only visible if I pull my hair up. Plus, it would be very small and probably just look like a pair of moles...

I just may do it. IF I DO...I will post photos. I'll have to ask my Dr about the meds I'm on and tattooing. I see her early next month.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Heidi, you are too funny! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was talking to my Mom about a henna tattoo...I was thinking about getting a henna tattoo on my ankle of a hamster, and right underneath it a ribbon/bow, her name 'Daisy', and a ribbon/bow. But my Mom's not sure if she'll let me do it, and I'm not sure if I want a tattoo...for Religious beliefs. :wink: But that's just me! :D

·
Registered
981 Posts
doesnt Henna wash off in a week or two?the ones I have got before I was 18 washed off... What would be the problem with that?

·
Super Moderator
26,433 Posts
I'm sure this is rare, but I saw this story about henna tattoos today....

The American Academy of Dermatology recently issued a warning that a chemical found in black henna tattoos can cause a severe allergic reaction, causing the skin to redden, swell and blister — but only where the henna is applied, leaving people with bubbly blisters in shapes like suns, stars and flowers.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26080350/

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
I've heard of similar reports Marie, but like most things that causes reactions, it's not going to affect everyone.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts