Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and Angel won't leave the poor thing alone! I even put the fish bowl up on a shelf and Angel decided to jump up there to get closer to it. Everytime this fish moves Angel is right there batting at the bowl. I can't lock her out of the room because the room gets too cold with the door shut. Any suggestions on how to keep her away from the poor fish? I guess I should go, she's pawing at the bowl right now.
Thanks for any help you can give!
Melissa & Angel

·
Registered
59 Posts
i have 2 goldfish, and i am just waiting for the day when maya discovers them!! right now they are in a bowl that is open on the top... but i'm planning to get some sort of screen to put on top, or else one of the little aquariums that actually has a lid. does your kitty actually reach into the water for the fish? or just bat at the glass....

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's a lid on the bowl, so she only bats at the bowl. I feel so bad for the fish, he just has cat eyes watching him all the time. Lol, I'm waiting for the day that Angel gets bored with him. I've had him for 4 days already and she has not stopped watching him unless I kick her out of the room.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
My cats eventually got over the thrill of the aquarium. Mind you, they still watch it from time to time but definitely not as much as before.

G

·
0 Posts
Once she gets bored with it, she'll leave it alone. The first fish I brought home was eyed by my cat for 2 days straight. I don't think Sheba even got up to eat, she was so intrigued by the fish.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I have a 33 gallon tank, a 5 gallon Eclipse Hex and a goldfish in a bowl with a filter. My cats are WAAAAAAY more interested in my 2 gerbils than my fish. I just got the goldfish, and they don't even give him a second glance. I agree, your kitty will get bored with the fishies soon enough!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts