Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hes gorgeous! I fell in love at first sight. He's a 6 year old Maine **** mix with the softest fur I've ever felt. He has been with his previous family since he was a baby, they didn't feel they hade enough time for him anymore. I brought him home and he was terrified poor baby. I put him in my daughters room so he could hide and put all his things in there with the door closed. My cat is very aggitated and curious about him. He keeps trying to get in the room but I don't want them to fight. The new cat, Loki, is fine lettin me pet him but hisses when he hears Leo, my other cat pawing at the door. Leo is my shadow, he has to be everywhere I am, haha. Just lookin for some advise on how to introduce them and not make it a disaster. Leo is almost 2, they are both male and fixed if that helps any. Also how can I soothe poor Loki, he's lost everything he knows. Thanks for any advise and sorry if I don't respond right away, I'm on my phone. We just move in and our net isn't on yet, service here is sporadic.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much for this. The introduction seems to be going quite well. Leo slipped in when I was bringing in some of loki's things dthinking they would make him feel more at home. He is being cautious and very respectful I guess to Loki. His brother died a few months ago which is one reason I decided to bring another cat into our home. I think he misses the company and knows how to interact with a more dominate cat(his brother was bigger, more of a Tom cat rather then a house cat). I'm trying not to be too optimistic but I'm thinking I might have more issues getting him to accept us(myself,my husband and our 3 kids) then I will with him accepting Leo.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I don't know anything about introducing cats, but just take your time with it. I'm sure he will realise soon enough that you're a loving family who will take care of him and once he feels that, he will feel more comfortable around you all. Hope it goes well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts